Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bella,Brand Philly Steaks

@EatWell Sirloin is a far cry from ribeye.

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I've had Philly cheesesteak sandwiches for lo these many years - at the Italian Market, at Reading Terminal Market, and other places in-between. They are not really healthy in the sense that there is a lot of bread involved. That being said, the best places use thinly cut ribeye, and that is good meat!  I was wondering the same thing about Bella and how it compares to what you can get in the grocery store. We use that meat for cheesesteak eggrolls and chicken cheesesteak eggrolls.

I love cheesesteak eggrolls!  I had them for the first time two years ago and they were so yummy!  I haven't had a good Philly cheesesteak for a long time though...not what I consider a healthy food and it was a moment of weakness when I tried the eggrolls.

@haddon9

Egg rolls?  Sounds good!

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I've had Philly cheesesteak sandwiches for lo these many years - at the Italian Market, at Reading Terminal Market, and other places in-between. They are not really healthy in the sense that there is a lot of bread involved. That being said, the best places use thinly cut ribeye, and that is good meat!  I was wondering the same thing about Bella and how it compares to what you can get in the grocery store. We use that meat for cheesesteak eggrolls and chicken cheesesteak eggrolls.

I love cheesesteak eggrolls!  I had them for the first time two years ago and they were so yummy!  I haven't had a good Philly cheesesteak for a long time though...not what I consider a healthy food and it was a moment of weakness when I tried the eggrolls.

@haddon9 We usually make the eggrolls when the kids and grandkids are here. But I never eat them in a moment of weakness. Oh, no! I make it an executive decision! Hahaha!

@PA Mom-mom . Haha!  Sounds like you have a great plan...oh I could go for one right now! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I make my one pan version using a quality sliced roast beef from the grocery store deli. I prefer Boars Head, I have them slice it thin. At home I sautee the onions and toss in a little gravy master to give them a nice color, slice the roast beef into strips and toss that in the frying pan with the onions and in just a moment or two the meat is warmed and perfect then I put the cheese on top of it till it melts and scoop it all right into the bread of choice, hard roll, hoagie roll, french bread, whatever.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bella Brand Philly Steaks

@EatWell  I live in Philadelphia and have eaten cheese steaks for decades.  I would say that they should be eaten sparingly; they are not healthy.  Yes, the onions, peppers, and mushrooms are certainly healthy, but nothing else.   Also, adding that aweful cheese whiz or any of the other fake cheeses is not great.

They used to be much better years ago.  Now, I may eat one every 4-5 years.

You are asking about Bella brand and I would say it's definitely much better than what you buy in the supermarket.  

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@EatWell  I live in Philadelphia and have eaten cheese steaks for decades.  I would say that they should be eaten sparingly; they are not healthy.  Yes, the onions, peppers, and mushrooms are certainly healthy, but nothing else.   Also, adding that aweful cheese whiz or any of the other fake cheeses is not great.

They used to be much better years ago.  Now, I may eat one every 4-5 years.

You are asking about Bella brand and I would say it's definitely much better than what you buy in the supermarket.  

@CLEM I live in Philly also. I work in Center City so cheesesteaks are all around me. They are definitely not healthy, but a nice indulgence every now & then.

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom  Hi there fellow Philadelphian.  I do live in Center City and you are right, those things are around everywhere and very tempting.