Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rastelli's Round Hotdogs

I've made Hot Dogs liket this for years!

Related image

Really delicious with lettuce and tomato!

When I was in High School, we ate at a small diner and they were out of hot dog buns so the cook made us these instead.  Been doing it since then!  Love a good hot dog any way you fix it!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

The price is ridiculous and I find them visually unappealing. Give me a pack of Hebrew National any day!

@Love my grandkids, I also think they are visually unappealing! I love Rastelli, so I was surprised to be so immediately turned off by these.

It does remind me of the days when I was a child and my dad loved thick cut fried bologna sandwiches.  I didn't like those then either. 

There's something to be said for proper ratio of meat to bun to mustard. Smiley Very Happy

Yes!  I was going to say that I also really like Rastelli's (the pork ribeyes are awesome), but this just looked like super thickly sliced bologna.   Not a fan of bologna OR hot dogs, anyway.

I didn't see most of the presentation but wondering if, since they are calling them 'hot dogs', that means they are made of hooves and snouts, etc, like hot dogs.    I think they are a step up so I would figure not, but still - didn't look good at all.

Contributor

It looked like it had a thick rind on the outside of it too.  Not real appealing.

Esteemed Contributor

Give me a regular old fashioned Nathan’s, Boars Head or Hebrew National hot dog on a hot dog bun any day !!!! 🌭🌭🌭

Honored Contributor

Next up from Rastelli's: hamburgers shaped like hot dogs!!

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr-- too funny.  One time we didn't have burger buns, so I wanted to shape the hamburgers like hotdogs.  DH said, "no way, let's just use sliced bread." 

Respected Contributor

I'd eat them!

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Yuck.  

Hot dogs and bologna all contain remnants and mystery meat plus unknown fillers ,  no matter what shape.   Processed meat IMO is unhealthy.

This product is a pass for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I've served a slice of meat loaf in a hot dog bun.  Not much difference.  Fits perfectly!  Bread is bread!

Respected Contributor

Take a look at the nutritional list for this item.  Fat, SatFat, Cholesterol & Sodium are extremely high for one item consumed a day, and this is based on a 2,000 calorie diet.