Respected Contributor

Rastelli's 9 oz reserve rib eye...that ain't aged meat, folks.

I ordered the Rastelli's 9oz Reserve Rib eye steaks the beginning of June, based on the presentation on QVC over a day of cooking...

The presenter says the meat was aged 45 days and "fork tender". Not the ones I got. I ate my first one today from the package and it was TERRIBLE. Tough, tasteless, and certainly not even close to what I can get at Walmart or Topps.

I notice the package says it's "Mechanically Tenderized" meat, and that was never mentioned in the program either. Look it up.

If that meat was aged 45 days,I'm 25  (I'm 65).

I followed the thawing directions, and the cooking directions. I've been on the Keto protocol for four years, so I eat a LOT of meat, and a lot of that is ribeye ( when you don't eat cake, candy, cookies, dressing, potatoes, rice, breadings, chips, cereal, or anything packaged, you can easily afford better cuts of meats...).

I see there a LOT of poor reviews. I wondered if others found this product inedible. I bought primarily based on the "fork tender" hype and the fact it was allegedly aged meat.

I did get a no questions asked refund, and cancelled an autodelivery for August. Thank you QVC.

One of the reasons I ordered was due to the meat plant hack that occured around that time, where I figured the next shortage would be meat, so would be good to have in the freezer.

In my opinion, these steaks may have been processed pre-Covid, frozen in some meat locker for a year, and dug out for the TSV.  TERRIBLE. I will never order food again from this company.

Read the reviews. Seriously, if you are single and eat alone, be careful. Choking hazard with a lump of tasteless tough meat in your mouth because you don't want to be wasteful with food.

About the only food I've gotten off QVC that was consistently good was Mrs. Prindables apples years ago. 

These steaks are right up there with those horrible crab cakes QVC used to sell.

And the Landies Candies pretzels...dried out, old.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Rastelli's 9 oz reserve rib eye...that ain't aged meat, folks.

@Othereeeen One of the things I like about QVC is that any food item you are not happy with QVC will credit you & you don't need to return it - just let customer service know.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had the same experience with "R" rib eye.  Bought one box a while back - still have one steak to go.  So tough and chewy I've had to thin slice and flash stir-fry.  

Should have asked for money back - will never buy again either.   One steak to GO>....

Esteemed Contributor

I laughed when I saw the skinny piece of meat they were calling Rib Eye.  You want a good rib eye, come to Texas.

Trusted Contributor

QVC's  food is overpriced junk!

Contributor

I have stopped buying food from QVC.  Have thrown away crab cakes this week.  Such a waste.  In the past I have had some good roasts from Kansas City meats

Esteemed Contributor

I understand that it is more convenient for some people to order food products online, including meat. But - I have lived in both small towns and large cities, and have always found a grocer or meat market where meat products were fresh cut. That's what I choose, and if I have a problem with a purchase, it's much easier to go back to my local grocer.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure everyone who purchases food knows that all these credits received are charged back to the retailer.

The food need to be high priced to make up for all the credits given to the Q's customers.  

I used to think food products purchased from on air retailers were something I couldn't buy locally until I too, was dissatisfied with what was sent.  I tried Goldbelly too with products offered by Buddys' Bakery there is nothing that even tempts me to order.  

Respected Contributor

We have an area supermarket that sells "Certified Angus" choice  beef and "Certified Angus" PRIME beef.  Best beef we've ever had.  As long as they keep selling the items, we'll continue to buy them there.  Don't need beef from any TV Shopping Channel.