Trusted Contributor

Rastelli or Kansas City Steak Co sirloin steaks?

Watching D.V. now.

I'm hungry for some good steak.

Which one for steak do you prefer?   Rastelli or Kansas City Steak Co?

I have not seen Kansas City Steak Co, on QVC for awhile.  The presenter Greg Shockley is now selling Traeger BBQ grills, and Corkey's bbq.

Does QVC still sell Kansas City Steak Co. meat?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rastelli or Kansas City Steak Co sirloin steaks?

I would rather get my steaks locally. QVC is to expensive and I want to see what I'm buying, plus it's to hot to have meat delivered when it's still over 100 degrees. I don't care how much dry ice they may use. 

Honored Contributor

Kansas City Steaks are corn fed. 

Rastelli is grass fed and finished with grain fed

I don't know if that makes a difference to you or not. 

My husband eats beef and doesn't care for Kansas City Steak company any longer. 

Super Contributor

Neither one. Get them locally where you can see what your buying and trust me, it won't cost you what QVC wants for them.

Honored Contributor

I just wish they would cook them longer. Way to raw.

Honored Contributor

The ones they have displayed look gross!!! They look like they been sprayed with Pam or something to make them glisten.

and some he's cut into look like they've been "reheated" all day OR grey! 

Personally, our local market has  boneless sirloin that are just as nice! Plus, at this price I can go out to a nice steakhouse & get all the trimmings  -- and cooked perfect!  

I am familiar with their store in NJ and imo a "overpriced" butcher shop - like when Bobby Chez was on with his crab cakes (ate there at his restaurant just OK). 

I will say KC rep did the catering at my nieces wedding the food was exceptional!!! 

Respected Contributor

I purchase the Rastelli steaks frequently and have never been disappointed.

The KC steak burgers are very good also.

Honored Contributor

Do some reading on the internet and in books on meats and find out what a very good steak should look like!  Nowdays, they have several grades of steaks mixed up in the meat counters, so you can get some real bargains--IF you know what to look for in a great steak.

Respected Contributor

We buy our meats from the "Butcher/Custom Cut" counter at a local Hannanford market.  We can choose what we want, we know what USDA Grade we're purchasing and we know the items are fresh.  Steaks, roasts and ground beef are wonderful.  Last winter we bought a whole eye round roast.  The butcher trimmed it and packaged it.  We cut it in half at home, froze one half and used the other immediately.  It was excellent.