Trusted Contributor

Rastelli burgers shipment in 90 degree weather

I'm expecting my first shipment of Rastelli burgers and I'm concerned because its supposed to be in the 90s later this week where I live. Has anybody had a problem with refrigerated food spoiling on them during the summer?

I was on waitlist for these and forgot about the order. I wish Q would notify when a wait list order becomes available and ask if I still want the order. Crazy, I know.

dee

Super Contributor

Re: Rastelli burgers shipment in 90 degree weather

yes I had salmon bugers , turned to mush last yr . Weather was hot then too . The dry ice was all gone . Dont know why food is shipped in these hot days .

I know QVC said they only ship chocolate in cooler months .

Honored Contributor

Hopefully your burgers will be shipped with plenty of dry ice and protection. I've ordered from Great Alaska Seafood and Omaha Steaks and never had a problem in the summer.  

Honored Contributor

Not ordering meat online in summer. Even with it being packed in dry ice.

Valued Contributor

If they won't ship chocolate during the hotter months, and all it would do is melt, not spoil, I don't think shipping meats is a good idea.

I would have a "stock up" sort of sale in March or April and forget about shipping steaks, etc. during June, July and August. Even September can be really hot in some locations.

With the cost of many of the meat and fish products, I just wouldn't take the chance.

Valued Contributor

I received the burgers from Rastelli last week...packaging was adequate with plenty of dry ice remaining and the burgers are delicious!

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I received the burgers from Rastelli last week...packaging was adequate with plenty of dry ice remaining and the burgers are delicious!

@Gabidog  Ditto! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deedledeedeedle Q is really good about that ..you call and they credit...you toss spoiled food in trash.

Esteemed Contributor

My Heartland Fresh chicken order was delivered last week in 90-degree weather without any issues; there was still a good amount of dry ice in the cooler when I received it. Good luck with your shipment!

Respected Contributor

I’ve never had a problem with either QVC products or Hello Fresh deliveries in the summer. I usually have it shipped to my office so it doesn’t sit on my doorstep all day.