Respected Contributor

Re: Rastelli burgers shipment in 90 degree weather

I've been doing a ton of mail order food purchases from several different companies. I've yet to have a problem, and what's great about ordering from QVC is the assurance of a credit or replacement if it's not acceptable.

I do think, at least with my UPS drivers, that priority is given to the styrofoam packages. They even ring my doorbell, like in times past for all deliveries.

Respected Contributor

When I received my Rastelli's TSV burgers, K.C. hot dog TSV, and Heartland chicken, the boxes were so super-cooled that it was very uncomfortable to take them out and place them in the freezer. I should have worn gloves. Almost 100% of the dry ice was still there, especially the burger delivery.  

Food received in Styrofoam coolers is always shipped fast! (clothes and household items are a different issue with their snail's pace delivery). I have never had an issue with thawing and I have ordered many foods this way during all 12 months in the Midwest region.

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I received the burgers from Rastelli last week...packaging was adequate with plenty of dry ice remaining and the burgers are delicious!

___

I agree. Frozen solid and super delicious!  I'm so glad I purchased them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

I'm expecting my first shipment of Rastelli burgers and I'm concerned because its supposed to be in the 90s later this week where I live. Has anybody had a problem with refrigerated food spoiling on them during the summer?

I was on waitlist for these and forgot about the order. I wish Q would notify when a wait list order becomes available and ask if I still want the order. Crazy, I know.

dee

They know how to package their meats and how to ship them in dry ice in a styrofoam cooler.

Plus, they're shipped two-day air.

My MIL has sent them to us as gifts during different times of the year, and we've never had a problem with them staying fresh and frozen. Smiley Happy

Edited to add that she would send us different configurations of different packages of meat. Some would include steaks, some would include burgers, and some would include those amazing pork steaks of theirs.

Honored Contributor

I have received many food items from the Q during 90-105 degree weather in the past and find they are shipped very well, in fully insulated boxes and dry ice packs included. Only once did something come completely warm, which was a UPS problem. QVC sent out another order for me and it was fine. Not sure if they have to square it away with UPS or not, but I doubt it is worth their trouble to deal with UPS. It is easier and cheaper for them to just send me another one.

Sometimes when you receive something with dry ice, the dry ice may have been depleted; however, if the product is still cold or frozen I have not had a problem.

Love Rastelli items, particularly their meatballs and sauce!

Honored Contributor

I received a meat order from HSN last week.  The dry ice was gone, but everything was still frozen solid.  No complaints except  I did cancel auto ship as I can get meat just as good locally and at a much better price.  I like the idea that protein orders are pre-packaged, but I can do that myself with Food Saver and if I buy locally I can get one or two items instead of having 10 or 12 in my freezer.