Honored Contributor

Re: Rastelli Wagyu Burger Controversy

We’ve done it both ways, intentionally and unintentionally.  These days my go to casseroles usually make 4 servings so we are eating leftovers now more than we ever have.  Leftover grilled chicken breast and steak normally end up in a dinner salad.  Chicken breast that’s been topped with cheese and bacon or a sauce will get reheated for a repeat dinner.  

Reheating any kind of leftover meat can taste like freshly made as long as you do it right.  IMO, it’s better to microwave at a lower percentage of power and repeating 1-2 minute time intervals, checking in between, rather than 1 minute on high.  

Valued Contributor

For those suggesting grilling larger portions of meat and then using it at other meals, yes, we do that occasionally too.  We can do that.  The issue with the wagyu burgers is the sky high cost of them and how they should be enjoyed.  I have no problem cooking a mess of burgers or chicken breasts and keeping some of them in the fridge.

Also we know freshly made burgers that are hand formed at home from good meat are the best bet but we are not always able to run to the store and get it.  We enjoy the convenience factor. 

Trusted Contributor

I bought these expensive burgers and grilled some on Memorial Day. They were horrible. Stuck to the grill and fell apart. We were able to salvage a little of it and they are nothing special. The color of them when frozen is a grayish brown which is not very appealing to start with. I even cooked one in the microwave for my dog and you would not believe how much watery stuff came out of the patty. I'd call it "mystery meat". I can't believe there  is even one good review on these! So, save your money!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

We did not have that experience at all.  They were fine burgers. Not sure they are worth the price. No falling apart, no mystery meat, no grisle, or anything.  They came to us frozen rock solid.  They were a lighter pink than what other burgers are but that is because of the fat marbled through the meat.  My son got us a box of steaks that were wagyu for a gift and it was shocking what they looked like.   If you click on the link below you can see what the meat looks like.  Well, if you grind that up it will be a lighter pink due to the fat. 

What Is Wagyu Beef? Here’s Everything You Need to Know – Robb Report

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal    Sounds like the grilling skills of the cook or the quality of your grill might be questionable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm just not that high maintenance.  I am a VERY picky person, especially about meat, and know what I'm buying.

However, eating a reheated burger is not something I'd fret about.  Why worry over something that trivial?  It's a hamburger.