Valued Contributor

Rastelli Wagyu Burger Controversy

I'm posting this here because I want an opinion.  My husband and I don't buy food at QVC generally but we decided to buy the 12 pack TSV Rastelli Wagyu burgers.  I know some people love them and some don't care for them but that is not my question. We shall see what we think later today. 

They are expensive.  But we decided to try them.  We are going to grill them today.  Just my husband, me, and my adult son will be eating them for dinner.  We each will eat one burger a piece with bun (we can't eat more than that) with some side dishes.  I was going to defrost 3 of them but my husband wanted to defrost and grill 6 even though we would end up putting the other 3 in the refrigerator and eating them cold or microwaved as leftovers.   

I balked at that and said its a waste of money as I wanted to keep them for actual grilling when they will taste the best.  (I personally don't like microwaved meat leftover that much).  These are some expensive burgers.  They do have some good fresh Angus burgers at our grocery that we usually buy, and I will revert to those, unless these are so good they are worth the price.  At my grocery store you can get four Angus burgers for 7 dollars so do the math and you can see how expensive they are in comparison.  Basically one Rastelli burger is the price of the four you can buy locally. 

Anyway my husband said I was being ridiculous.  We did not really have a fight just a difference of opinion.  All is well because we decided instead to save the other three in the freezer and grill some Greenfields Black forest sausages instead. So we will have extra cooked meat to put into the fridge. By the way, my husband and I don't snack on burgers, we only eat them at meals. 

So my question is was I being ridiculous?  I don't plan on bringing it up again with my husband, I just want to know what others think  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rastelli Wagyu Burger Controversy

@toria   I'm with you!   Hamburgers need to be cooked and eaten, who wants a microwaved or reheated burger, not me.

Honored Contributor

I'm with you, microwaved meat is kind of gross. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I would let hubby win this one.    Think you are being un-reasonable over a small matter.

Trusted Contributor

You sound like a person who doesn't waste money.  None of us like to.  But can't this be a treat for you, just do what you husband said and let it go?  Life is too short to argue over this amount of money.

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you on this one.  Burgers should be cooked fresh and not leftovered in the fridge for another day. We only cook what we are eating at the time.  

Honored Contributor

@toria   Yes, I think your theory is a bit off.  I used to fire up the grill on Sundays and cook, burgers, chicken, pork chops, sausage... any meat I had on hand and a lot of it.  I would refrigerate some and freeze some.  We could eat it for two weeks and it tasted great.  All I had to do to have a great meal was fix a salad or veggie and a potato.  Very easy meal prep.

I bet you find little if any difference between your expensive Rastelli and Angus burgers.  Let us know what you think. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes we just need to ask ourselves "Is the hill I want to die on?"

My mean little self says, fine let him find out that reheated doesn't cut it.

Let it go.

Respected Contributor

WHY would anyone GRIND good Wagyu beef?   SInce you have premium quality burger The least you can do is eat it freah when it is grilled.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you.I never reheat burgers or steak. I don't like the way it tastes.