Respected Contributor

Re: Rastelli Steaks For Us A Good Buy!

@Carmie wrote:

@luvmybeetle   Thank you.

Happy Birthday to you as well.  We both share a great day.  Saturday is my BD too.

We share the day with Bing Crosby and Dwaye Johnson (The Rock)  Great company.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received the steaks today. UPS left the styrofoam package in the sun in 100 degree weather all day, and did not ring my bell. At 715 tonight my husband said there is a package out here by the gate...I yelled OMG the steaks. Well they were totally defrosted and warm to the touch. And by the way not individually packaged. So PO'd at delivery person. Always rings my bell and makes the dogs bark..but not today!!!! He could have at least put it by the door in the shade. Of course QVC Made things right but what a waste.

Trusted Contributor

I have been very happy with the Rastelli meat products.  However, I ordered their buns a while back and they are nothing special - there will be no re-order.  

Super Contributor

I am lucky to live in NJ (?) and just got back from Rastelli's.  It was such a pleasant shopping experience I am writing to the family about it.  The meats and everything else I buy are fabulous!  My friends and I consider it a real treat to have someone bring us dinner from Rastelli's.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich  I wouldn't buy them.  They're VERY expensive per pound, AND I have no idea what USDA Grade they are.

Valued Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

They look really good and I am glad they are enjoyable. They are just more than I am comfortable spending on steaks.  

Bought a whole NY strip yesterday for $65 and change.  The butcher cut them 3/4 inch for me.  I got exactly 20 steaks. Of course I had to wrap them individually myself.

I buy a whole strip every couple of months and stock up.  The price always goes up in the summertime, so, I get my supply before then.

They are nice to have on hand for when you don't feel like cooking...fast and easy.

I did order about a dozen live lobsters that are due to arrive on Friday.  My BD is this weekend and I am gonna celebrate....at home cooking for myself.

An early Happy Birthday to you Carmie. I would be happy to help uou celebrate with those lucious lobster tails.

Honored Contributor

To Carmie & Luv - Happy Happy Birthday tomorrow!  I hope you both have a wonderful day with lots of joy!

Honored Contributor

Oh crud!  I just realized that today isn't Friday, so tomorrow isn't Saturday.  D'oh!   

Wishes stand - HBD on Saturday, Ladies!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@luvmybeetle   Thank you.

Happy Birthday to you as well.  We both share a great day.  Saturday is my BD too.

We share the day with Bing Crosby and Dwaye Johnson (The Rock)  Great company.

Princess Charlotte too.  I was born on my Aunts 40th BD and I know many people who share this BD with us.

When I was in high school a boy who was born on the same day in the same hospital told a Catholic nun that he was the first boy to sleep with me. ( in the nursery). I know my face was beet red.

Honored Contributor

Their filets are twice what they sell for in butcher shops here, and I will quarantee they are not better grade or quality.  

But then we're here in cattle country.  And we have the Drummonds to feed us.