Regular Contributor

Re: Rastelli Sirloin steaks...TSV

My wife yelled into me so I'd watch the meat presentation. I loved the set-up with the butcher case full of meats and the cheeses in the background. What I didn't like was the disingenuous attempt to show what a "typical" supermarket steak is like when the gentleman showed some type of grade Z meat wrapped in plastic.

Respected Contributor

ordered at the launch.

has already shipped and tracks.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Frequent Contributor

We've ordered the Rastelli sirloins, ribeyes, flatirons, and burgers..  Of the steaks, surprisingly the sirloins were the best, followed by the ribeyes.  The flatirons were absolutely the worst.  Tough and stringy to chew.....would definitely NOT recommend those at all.  The sirloin burgers are great.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too much red meat will clog your arteries.  And you'll die from a stroke or a heart attack. Smiley Happy

4 oz. seems right to me.  1 x week.   With a nice green salad, and green veggies.  YMMV.

BTW, in your opinion, how does Rastelli steaks compare to steaks from Kansas City Steak Co.? 

Honored Contributor

@JDW174 wrote:

We've ordered the Rastelli sirloins, ribeyes, flatirons, and burgers..  Of the steaks, surprisingly the sirloins were the best, followed by the ribeyes.  The flatirons were absolutely the worst.  Tough and stringy to chew.....would definitely NOT recommend those at all.  The sirloin burgers are great.

Flat Irons aren't really top quality steaks.  My personal favorites are Porterhouse or a t-bone.  Many Porterhouse now can be found priced as t-bones.  That's a great deal.  You get the better flavor of the strip steak side and some of the filet in the eye.

I'm not a big fan of rib steaks.  They have too much fat for me.  I like the texture of a t-bone or Porterhouse best.  Filets seems like they don't have as much flavor.  They are all good though from good beef!

Respected Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

Too much red meat will clog your arteries.  And you'll die from a stroke or a heart attack. Smiley Happy

4 oz. seems right to me.  1 x week.   With a nice green salad, and green veggies.  YMMV.

BTW, in your opinion, how does Rastelli steaks compare to steaks from Kansas City Steak Co.? 

Walking across a busy street can give you the risk of getting killed.  Smoking causes cancer.  Too much sugar causes Diabetes, etc. etc. etc. 

Frequent Contributor

Only ordered the flatirons due to the on-air assurance that they were "just a step below the fillet mignon in quality'.  Based on what we got, all I can say is somebody was lying.  The ribeyes were decent, but nothing to write home about  The real surprise were the sirloins.  They were the first Rastelli steaks that we ordered and they were tender and very tasty.  The best of the bunch from the cheapest cut of steak.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the TSV.  Haven't ordered food from QVC in several years.  Received my order in a couple of days.  I have had one steak so far and it was quite good.  Makes an easy dinner cooked in my air fryer.  Even had a little piece left over for a sandwich.  Very convenient to have them in single steak packaging.

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

Walking across a busy street can give you the risk of getting killed.  Smoking causes cancer.  Too much sugar causes Diabetes, etc. etc. etc. 

Just being alive will cause you to die!

Respected Contributor

"$3.50 a steak" isn't the REAL price.  Calculate the price per pound like you would see when you buy meat at your supermarket.  You'll see that they're very expensive.