Esteemed Contributor
On 2/7/2015 fthunt said:

buy and give to soup kitchen comment................I'm not a RR fan but just to keep the facts straight - RR said, buy this and give your OLD pots/pan to a soup kitchen - they would really appreciate it. (and I agree with her)

I gave my big turkey roaster to the Mission - they cook about 500 turkeys for Thanksgiving. I liked her suggestion.

Yes, this shows that Rachael is seriously interested in the plight of hunger in this country. We all on these boards have the resources to fret about which pots and pans and dishes and utensils QVC offers us, but there are people for whom that means nothing when they don't have the food to put in them. I respect her for that and I believe its sincere. It would be nice if QVC donated a portion of Rachael's cookware/bakeware sales to fight hunger in the US maybe just once a year or something like that to remind us of our blessings.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/7/2015 phluphy said:

The pots & pans Rachael was selling yesterday were, supposedly, sold out except for the green. Well I checked and they are ALL still available. Not a good way to get a sale. Her sales pitch was over the top. Couldn't watch.

All her pieces are on sale for so much less all over the place. The S/H was too high too. IMO!

I agree! I think the SH was $17.00. Kohls has her set on sale for $169.00 FREE shipping 20 percent off plus $15.00 off of housewares! So much for the TSV.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/7/2015 Johnnyeager said:
On 2/7/2015 fthunt said:

buy and give to soup kitchen comment................I'm not a RR fan but just to keep the facts straight - RR said, buy this and give your OLD pots/pan to a soup kitchen - they would really appreciate it. (and I agree with her)

I gave my big turkey roaster to the Mission - they cook about 500 turkeys for Thanksgiving. I liked her suggestion.

Yes, this shows that Rachael is seriously interested in the plight of hunger in this country. We all on these boards have the resources to fret about which pots and pans and dishes and utensils QVC offers us, but there are people for whom that means nothing when they don't have the food to put in them. I respect her for that and I believe its sincere. It would be nice if QVC donated a portion of Rachael's cookware/bakeware sales to fight hunger in the US maybe just once a year or something like that to remind us of our blessings.

I also like the fact that the proceeds from sales of her pet food products go to animal shelters, rescue organizations, etc. Anyone who helps animals in need is A+ in my book!

Respected Contributor
On 2/6/2015 OldFoogey said:
On 2/6/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 2/6/2015 OldFoogey said:

Funny when she said to "buy this for you local soup kitchen. they will really appreciate it". That is most likely the worst sales pitch I have ever heard.

Sorry, but that's not what she said. The caller said she was moving to NC, and her husband told her since she wanted new pots to go ahead buy them, and she mentioned what was she going to do with her old ones. Rachel told her to give those to the local soup kitchen, she didn't say to buy the new ones for the soup kitchen. I thought that was a great suggestion.

Your`re right that`s not what she said. I just watched the clip and it was Jane that said she was going to get the TS and give her old set to the local soup kitchen. I must have been half listening. I don`t know about her local soup kitchen but ours uses large industrial grade cookware, the kind that be thoroughly scrubbed.

If you live near a military base, they usually have something called an enlisted closet that takes donations of kitchen wares and other necessities for setting up a home that lower grade enlisted persons can get what they need for free.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/7/2015 brunette8706 said:
On 2/7/2015 phluphy said:

The pots & pans Rachael was selling yesterday were, supposedly, sold out except for the green. Well I checked and they are ALL still available. Not a good way to get a sale. Her sales pitch was over the top. Couldn't watch.

All her pieces are on sale for so much less all over the place. The S/H was too high too. IMO!

I agree! I think the SH was $17.00. Kohls has her set on sal for $169.00 FREE shipping 20 percent off plus $15.00 off of housewares! So much for the TSV.

I saw that... it's not the same set, although apparently a fairly good deal. The Kohl's set is 10 pieces not 12, the sizes are smaller, and they are not the oval shape, plus they don't come in all the colors. The 8 qt oval pasta pot which comes with the TSV set is on sale for $89.00 at Kohl's, just the one pot. So it would depend on which set a person prefers - I would rather pay $149.00 and $17.00 shipping for the set last night than the one from Kohl's, and I didn't find any others that I would prefer which would be a better price. But that's just me and my preference - if I were spending the money, I would prefer the ovals.

Honored Contributor
On 2/6/2015 lizzief said:
On 2/6/2015 Daysdee said:
On 2/6/2015 brunette8706 said:
On 2/6/2015 moonchilde said:

I see a lot of the "things my customers love" in Ross and Big Lots, or on a marked down sale at Target or Wal-Mart (can't remember which). That doesn't speak to a lot of people loving the products, to me.

I enjoyed Rachel long ago, but whatever has changed her personality since then (marriage ?, "success" ? Having her own show?) I do not like. She is her original self on steroids and the 'tude to go with it. She's just annoying to me now, and I've lost interest in her and her you-can-buy-this-stuff-anywhere products.

I agree. Somewhat obnoxious! Now she said her pots look like $1000.00 set! Really?

I agree. She is speaking non-stop. On the show with Jane, RR kept talking over the caller. She's been saying all day that certain colors will be gone before the show with Jane--no they were still available.

No, they were sold out before the show was over!

Saturday A.M. They are all available for ordering today. (even Jane's yellow) ( Lavender is the only one not shown as available.)

Honored Contributor

There's just something about her that bugs me.

Honored Contributor

I don't find her enjoyable to watch. So I don't usually do so. But sometimes the channel is on, and I see a couple minutes or so. There's just something manic and, for me, cringe-worthy about her presentation. In the couple minutes I saw yesterday, she was exhorting viewers to hurry up, hurry up and buy, which is a sales technique that I don't even like when it comes from the hosts.

But that's about it. I don't choose to repeat my thoughts about her day after day on thread after thread.

And personally, I don't choose to comment on her appearance or make insinuations about what may be causing her state of mind.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

think she's trying to be the NEW MARTHA!! relax girl..dont u have enough money?

guess with celebs its NEVER enough!!

and those oblong pots and pans that she pushes drive me up the wall! ..BAD DESIGN!!

of course it goes without saying i mostly tune OUT!

Honored Contributor
On 2/6/2015 Sooner said:
On 2/6/2015 moonchilde said:

I see a lot of the "things my customers love" in Ross and Big Lots, or on a marked down sale at Target or Wal-Mart (can't remember which). That doesn't speak to a lot of people loving the products, to me.

I enjoyed Rachel long ago, but whatever has changed her personality since then (marriage ?, "success" ? Having her own show?) I do not like. She is her original self on steroids and the 'tude to go with it. She's just annoying to me now, and I've lost interest in her and her you-can-buy-this-stuff-anywhere products.

I so agree with what you said. Annoying is the word for me. I watched a little but the shouting and the hand waving finally got to me.

I don't watch her any more - her network show or when she's presenting on QVC. I have a personal opinion of her, but it definitely isn't from "torturing myself" (lol) watching her - on QVC or anywhere else. I watched her network show for a few minutes a couple of times, and watched a grand total of about 10-15 min. of her on QVC in the past. That was enough for me. Just annoying enough that I choose not to watch her ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all