Honored Contributor

Rachael Ray at Ollie's stores

[ Edited ]

We just got this store in our area. For sure I'm gonna check this out.  I love RR products!

I saw the EEVO bottles at Kohl's but $30 for one & Bed Bath & Beyond has them on clearance but not $3.99!

Not sure if the merchandise is "seconds" but gonna check it out!

14101DDA-8E13-42AF-8898-429D485C5A66.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray at Ollie's stores

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 Have fun...looks as if Ollie's acquired pallets full of RR products at very bargain basement prices.  Lucky you!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I'll be excited to go there.  We have Old Time Pottery it's a big store full of liquidation & great prices.  They have RR stoneware pieces for $4.99-7.99.

OTP is my favorite place to browse for hours!  

Honored Contributor

I live near the first original Ollie's store, so I have been shopping there for over 40 years. The stores have been cleaned up over the years and now are easy to shop in. At one time, they looked like a hoarders basement. Nothing was organized.  

I have gotten many bargains there.  They have carried the RR merchandise for years.  It is all first quality, unless it is marked as a second.

Most of the "seconds" are reconditioned appliances and linens, like sheets and towels.

I am sure you will enjoy shopping there.  There are many bargains to be found.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I live near the first original Ollie's store, so I have been shopping there for over 40 years. The stores have been cleaned up over the years and now are easy to shop in. At one time, they looked like a hoarders basement. Nothing was organized.  

I have gotten many bargains there.  They have carried the RR merchandise for years.  It is all first quality, unless it is marked as a second.

Most of the "seconds" are reconditioned appliances and linens, like sheets and towels.

Maybe I'll try again bc the one and only time I went inside it was so disorganized - your description of hoarders basement about described it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is my experience at an Ollies and I have never been back.

Bought a set of sheets, laundered them and when I took them out of the dryer there was a pair of strange, worn faded ladies underwear mixed in with them.  It all went in the trash.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I don’t know about Ollie’s, but I bought a RR 3-quart, non-stick steamer. I didn’t have high expectations for it, because I thought it might just be a fad, but I needed a larger steamer than the small one I had. I’ve been very pleasantly surprised. Although it isn’t super heavy, it performs like a much heavier pan. It looks like new when it comes out of the dishwasher. Earlier this week, I got lost in a book and forgot I was steaming some squash in it. It was burnt dry with that nasty brown sludge in the bottom. I rescued the veggies and poured some water into the bottom to soak. It looks like new. If you can get RR’s cookware at a good price, go for it. To my mind, a set of her cookware would be the perfect gift for someone who doesn’t really cook much, but wants a decent set of cookware when they do cook. 

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Maybe I'll try again bc the one and only time I went inside it was so disorganized - your description of hoarders basement about described it!

They now have about 330 stores, so I suppose they are all different experiences.  They sell salvage goods, overstocks, merchandise from a storm ravaged warehouse and truck accidents and going out of business stores.

Most of their stuff is first rate, but you need to check it out first.  It is not as organized as a major department store, but I don't expect it to be.  I am just glad I no longer have to climb over boxes.

The QVC outlet store in Lancaster, PA used to be a hoarder's basement too.  They now have it cleaned up and organized, but it is still a bit messy.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a Marshalls or something.  If it's new stuff I am all for it, just don't like seconds, never have.  JMO   However at Marshalls I bought a 6 qt Le Creuset for $80.00.

I love itSmiley Happy   That is a bargain for RR products.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1   you will be surprised at the brands you'll find at Ollie's.