Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: RR's 30 Minute Meals returns to Food Network

@homedecor1 wrote:

darn I forgot to look at the updated guide...i did see it's shown at 12 noon here.

I'll definitely remember to set it for rest of week.

I loved that show! 

@homedecor1 - Today's episode, "Roasted Chicken Parm Meatball Patties..." looks like it will be re-airing on Saturday; based on the times shared here, it will likely be at 12:30 p.m. your time.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Great news! Wow, I had such good times watching her original Thirty Minute Meals. I feel like most of my cooking skills can be attributed to what I learned from Rachael - the big cutting board, chop and drop, palm fulls without worrying about measuring, etc. She taught me to be creative with whatever I had in the kitchen. I rarely follow her recipes exactly, but her techniques and general approach are what I still utilize today, as I've become a pretty darn good cook! Smiley Happy Thanks, Rach! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I would be ecstatic if Food Network and HGTV would return to their roots, particularly with evening programming.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Being perfect must be a heavy burden.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc Haven't watched the Food Network since they canned "Emeril Live".  Have no inkling to return.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@cats01 - Wow, that was over 10 years ago. You've missed a lot of good stuff.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

omg. i was so happy to read on here that she was doing new 30 minute meals. she has  new show on everyday atv12 pm for the entire month of april.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 (and everyone else who is interested): Just to clarify what @pooky1 mentioned, I verified that there will be new episodes every single day—including weekends—for this whole month. I hadn't realized that Saturdays and Sundays were included, so I wanted to make sure everyone else understood that as well. Lots of new recipes to explore!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Rachael Ray show was promoting the 30 min meals new show & they showed clips of the old shows. Wow that was 18yrs ago, I forgot while watching the clips Rachael would go in the fridge grab all the things she needed, her arms were so full then she had to walk over to the island. She always had so many things in her hands and I was always waiting for her to drop something. Seems her staff will be joining her on the new show, love Grant & Janelle(toast lady) wonder if she will have all her arms full with ingredients like she did. Looking forward to it. Her show that I record most of it I skip threw it til near the end when she cooks. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sissel - In the kitchen setup for the new 30 Minute Meals, the refrigerator is right next to the prep counter, so I'm guessing she won't be carrying around quite as much—though the pantry is across the room, so you never know.

I was really surprised at how goofy she was in the first new episode; if she'd been a newbie, her producers probably would have made her tone down the crazy a notch or two. It was still fun to watch, though, especially since the recipe looked delicious.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I did not realize she was coming back. I welcome any new shows where people actually COOK.  Seems most of Food Network programming, with the exception of mornings, is some sort of competition.  Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay, Guy's Grocery Games, Baking championships, etc.  I do not personally enjoy this type of format, but I assume many people do since that is what they're showing. I like to watch people cook and learn new recipes and techniques.  Like the Pioneer Woman and the Barefoot Contessa.  I wish they had those shows on in the evenings.