Respected Contributor

RICED CAULIFLOWER FOR PIZZA..I HATE THE IDEA, BUT...

the idea intrigued me. So, I went to You Tube and saw a fellow bake the crust from it. I watched it twice just to make sure of what he was doing.

After that, he put on some sauce,cheese, spinach, fresh tomato etc. and then baked it about 10 minutes again to melt the cheese. He said it was delicious.

Well...I had to try this catastrophe. I did and I cannot believe it, but I liked it. I really liked it. I also liked the fewer calories.

Honored Contributor

Re: RICED CAULIFLOWER FOR PIZZA..I HATE THE IDEA, BUT...

I have never made Homemade cauliflower  pizza crust, but I buy Milton cauliflower crust pizza at Costco.  It is delicious.

I can't have wheat products, so I bought the pizza for myself, but my DH prefers this pizza to the regular crust.  I try to keep some in my freezer, but it is impossible.

Everyone goes crazy for it. 

Enjoy....one of these days I will look into making the homemade version.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie 

I bought the riced cauliflower fresh, at Trader Joe's. I was able to skip the grating. But, I still used a non stick frying pan on medium to make sure I released most of the moisture from the packaged cauliflower. I watched the steam rise til there was little left.

It seemed like one of the crucial steps, so the crust would bake dry and not be mushy.

Honored Contributor

@Flatbush   Thank you.  I am gonna give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   so do I...easy and delicious.  Bravo @Flatbush for stepping outside your comfort zone and trying something new!

Honored Contributor

Many of the store bought versions of cauliflower crust are still very high in carbs or have ingredients we choose not to eat, so the name itself is is rather misleading.  I've become a big label reader on my journey.  If we want a cauliflower crust pizza, I will make our own.  But i also make other low carb, keto versions and have ordered some online to (good, but expensive).  Honestly, the easiest way for us to enjoy pizza is to get it from our favorite pizza place and just eat the tops. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Many of the store bought versions of cauliflower crust are still very high in carbs or have ingredients we choose not to eat, so the name itself is is rather misleading.  I've become a big label reader on my journey.  If we want a cauliflower crust pizza, I will make our own.  But i also make other low carb, keto versions and have ordered some online to (good, but expensive).  Honestly, the easiest way for us to enjoy pizza is to get it from our favorite pizza place and just eat the tops. 

YES!  Not only high in carbs, but terrible for sodium. Here is that Costco label for cauliflower crust pizza:

Esteemed Contributor

I've made my own and have purchased a couple of different manufacturer's cauliflower crusts at Meijer.  I like the lower carbs but you still have to read the labels.  I prefer regular crust but the cauliflower crust isn't bad.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

We buy the cauliflower crust frozen pizza at Costco.  Our granddaughter has Celiac disease so no gluten.  It really is good.  We were totally shocked.

Honored Contributor

Not everyone eats cauliflower pizza for the lower carbs.  I have celiac disease. That means no wheat.....ever.

The majority of people in the world do not eat a low carb diet. 

I also do not have to restrict sodium.  I have no health concerns and my everyday diet does not contain much sodium.  My BP is on the lower side of normal.

I eat MILTON'S PIZZA, not Kirkland's.