Respected Contributor

I got this in black. So far I made lasagna and a pie.  I did heat pizza and a leftover casserole.

I am happy with how every thing turned out. I like the light in it plus the size, great size.  When I made the lasagna I put garlic rolls in to heat the last 20 minutes, plenty of room.

Oh, almost forgot, I also picked up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and reheated it at dinner time.  My last counter top oven wouldn't hold a rotisserie chicken, wasn't

high enough but this one seems great so far, glad I got it. It holds a lot more than my last one I paid more for.

Honored Contributor

Re: REVIEW OF NEW OSTER OVEN

Yeah, enjoying mine. 

DSCN0054.JPG

Honored Contributor

Is this oven quiet when in convection mode?  My current one is really noisy and hubby hates it. 

Also, has anybody checked the temperature consistency?  I know that was often mentioned as an issue with the previous model (the French door with the knobs). 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Is this oven quiet when in convection mode?  My current one is really noisy and hubby hates it. 

Also, has anybody checked the temperature consistency?  I know that was often mentioned as an issue with the previous model (the French door with the knobs). 

no, didn't check the temp but things get done when they are suppose to. I don't notice any noise in the convection mode but then I am in another room usually watching TV or on the computer when I am making something but didn't notice any noise but maybe someone else can be more  helpful with that part. I do know I love mine.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Yeah, enjoying mine. 

DSCN0054.JPG

I sure am too, have used it every day since getting it for one thing or another.

Honored Contributor

Mine is a low hum. Convection cooking is about a fan that blows around the food, unlike, baking that cooks stuff from the top and bottom.

convection blows hot air around the whole object. Therefore, the fan, like all fans, are gonna hum.

Honored Contributor

Believe it was TX Blond and I that both tested our ovens with a oven thermometer I set the oven for 400` and checked on it every few minutes when it reached 400 it remained.

My other walmart Oster would always climb another 25 degrees I had to set it down to 375 sometimes. It didn't have the light and the color and the fancy French doors. LOL

My advice is to do what we did and test it. Each unit may be calibrated different. If you find it's off then pull it back in 25 degree inclements.

Time & practice will guide you.

Super Contributor

I tested my oven at 350 degrees with an oven thermometer, and it was right on the money!

Loving my oven also.

@SharkE - your red one is very pretty.

Honored Contributor

should get my new KA toaster Thurs.

Place is gonna get some color up in here. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Mine is a low hum. Convection cooking is about a fan that blows around the food, unlike, baking that cooks stuff from the top and bottom.

convection blows hot air around the whole object. Therefore, the fan, like all fans, are gonna hum.

Yeah, I know there's going to be some noise, but I'm hoping for something that isn't any louder than, say, the microwave.  I have an old Bravetti convection oven and it's noisy as heck.  Hubby hates that about it.

As far as temp goes, I was just asking because that seemed to be a consistent complaint about the previous model.