Honored Contributor

Re: REMINDER: David on vacation; Mary hosting ITKWD

@Whitney400 wrote:

Thanks for the noitification about David.  I don't feel particulary concerned about him.  I really don't miss the hugs and kisses and all of the old Southen terms he uses when addressing women.  I am surprised that no one has complained about him.

Where I live, hon, darlin', etc. are fine unless they are from your boss or someone in a position of power.  I would hate to think terms of affection would be banished forever from the world.

What a cold and heartless place that would be.  Or IS? 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Whitney400 wrote:

Thanks for the noitification about David.  I don't feel particulary concerned about him.  I really don't miss the hugs and kisses and all of the old Southen terms he uses when addressing women.  I am surprised that no one has complained about him.

Where I live, hon, darlin', etc. are fine unless they are from your boss or someone in a position of power.  I would hate to think terms of affection would be banished forever from the world.

What a cold and heartless place that would be.  Or IS? 

The terms went out of favor after the Me Too movement.  I dont think they are appropriate in a business setting anymore @Whitney400 

Respected Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

Everyone deserves time off and they owe us no explanations although he did so on his Facebook page.  He is always great about doing that.

@Miss Pepsi 

I saw the post that he is relaxing in the sun... he did mention he is wearring sunscreen. I guess the "facebook police" have admonished him in the past for going out in the sun without it.

Regular Contributor

I love Mary - in fact I cant watch David - have to change channel when he is on - silly faces and happy dances are not my thing.

Respected Contributor

@DebNYC31 wrote:

I love Mary - in fact I cant watch David - have to change channel when he is on - silly faces and happy dances are not my thing.

He seems to have stopped the yum yum face and is slowly diminishing the Happy Dance. I believe he is probably tired of this "act".  Grown men acting giddy over bites of food is purely a play for sales revenue.

Frequent Contributor

I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent here about Mary.  Her lisp and nutty behavior are a distraction to me.  I would not consider myself a David fan, but he's more watchable to me than Mary.  

Honored Contributor

She's not as bad as a couple that I wouldn't miss.

To each his own.  I don't give people a hard time for their opinions.

some like strawberry some like chocolate is my motto.

Valued Contributor

When Mary first came onboard with David, I liked her alot, but now she tries to be just like David and not herself.  A turnoff for me

Respected Contributor

In my opinion the show hasnt been the same since Stacey Stauffer left. i think David is trying the best he can but clearly he was hurt by it.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

In my opinion the show hasnt been the same since Stacey Stauffer left. i think David is trying the best he can but clearly he was hurt by it.

@Reever   In contrast to what you've stated, I believe the only thing clear is that you've imposed your own feelings onto someone you don't even know personally.  You have absolutely no basis to say what David feels, one way or the other, about Stacey's departure. 

David seems like a professional who knows the TV hosting industry much better than any of us.  It's a job. People come and go.  His focus is to do the best he can as a host.