Highlighted
Regular Contributor

RED Air Fryer Disappointed!!

Am I the only one that is disappointed with the color of the "red" air fyer from the TSV???  When I opened the box I was shocked to see the pinkish color of the fryer.  I was expecting RED like the red of the Cooks Essential pressure cooker.  For this very reason I am not sure that I want to keep it.  Now I wish I would have ordered black or white.  Certainly won't keep it on my counter as it is ugly.

I tried it out as soon as I got it unpacked.  I got out the User Manual/Instruction Booklet and found that I had gone blind because I could not read the small print and the pictures were hard to see also.  QVC really needs to improve this booklet as I am sure I am not the only one who has an issue with this.

The other thing that was irritating was the fact that the unit does not have an OFF button or selection.  It is very difficult to get it to shut off.  Or since I can't read the instruction booklet is there a way to get it to shut off immediately??

I did frozen onion rings which were ok.  DH likes those as I don't eat them.  Then I tried frozen French fries and they took longer than the predetermined setting for French fries.  I was not that impressed with them as they taste exactly the same as they do when you bake them in the oven and I guess I am not a fan of baked French fries.  I was wondering if I spritzed them with oil of some kind if that would improve the flavor.

The other item I tried was a frozen corn dog as my grankids like them.  After 20 minutes it was very brown but still cool in the inside.  So my thought would be to un-thaw it before cooking it to make sure it was heated through. But I think this will be a success.

Clean up was easy.  I hand washed it and will probably continue to do so if I keep it because the dishwasher is harsh on items like this.  It is nice that you do not have to wait 20 minutes for it to preheat like you do the oven.  I am going to try grilled cheese tomorow to see how that works.  And maybe a burger.

Also am concerned about the 60 day warranty on this item.  I did not notice this until I read about it in the forum so that is a concern also.  Can just see this thing stop working after 3-4 months and there I sit with my $100 investment not working.

Still don't know if I am keeping it because of hte ugly color.  Will keep using it to make sure it works and will certainlhy send it back if it fails in this aspect.

Honored Contributor

Re: RED Air Fryer Disappointed!!

I have found that the reds on the appliances are kind of all over the place and I love that Kitchenaid red and have it as an accent color.   I didn't happen to buy the Fryer but was interested in your assessment. Thank you.  Very disappointing, I'm sorry it's not the color you wanted (or what I would have wanted) and disappointed that QVC doesn't explain this more thoroughly on air.  I remember one host stating that it was a red red.... so I just assumed ....~!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about the QVC air fryer (I rarely buy anything from QVC) but I have one from Sur La Table that I've used almost everyday over the past two weeks. I've made fried zucchini several times and we both think it tastes pretty good. Also made French fries and they came out good also. I did coat the fries in a bit of oil first. 

Esteemed Contributor

I no longer buy any red kitchen appliance from Q , it was my go to color.

At Christmas the Nuwave was a TSV,  ordered 2 reds as a gift, a 3rd for myself and they both bled color while I was cooking it was scary. 

I did get a white Nuwave eventually and had no color problems but had to return one becaue the enamel pan coating came off.

Q CS was great and did not charge me any shipping return fees.

Regular Contributor

Q4U....I too heard the host say "red red" and that's why I ordered it as I was skeptical about the red being a true red.  Live and learn and from your comment and others I guess I will never order red again for any type of appliance from QVC.

The host should have been honest in what the color really was and the colors of red and blue should have been described much better as I don't think the blue was a cobalt type blue either.  I saw the blue one on a little video that Meredith had made about the unit and she was using a blue one and it was not a nice true blue.

Thanks to all of you who responded.  I will try the fries with a little oil next time.

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I have found that the reds on the appliances are kind of all over the place and I love that Kitchenaid red and have it as an accent color.   I didn't happen to buy the Fryer but was interested in your assessment. Thank you.  Very disappointing, I'm sorry it's not the color you wanted (or what I would have wanted) and disappointed that QVC doesn't explain this more thoroughly on air.  I remember one host stating that it was a red red.... so I just assumed ....~!

@Q4u I'm with you.  When I say red, I want Kitchenaid cherry apple red. I use it in my kitchen too. 

Sorry OP, that stinks!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the red one....and its a true red-red....I don't know how you got something pinkish....there is no pink in mine...

I love my machine...have made many different things and they turn out wonderful...great purchase...

Honored Contributor

@Peridot

I got the red also & mine is regular red, NOT pinkish-red AT ALL.

NOT dark candy apple red, NOT brown-red like cinnamon & certainly NOT pinkish red like you are describing.

It is a true - what I call Christmas or fire engine red.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Did they even offer a "pink" version??? I don't think so.

I'll put it next to my "red" Kitchenaid tonight & see what "shade" it looks.

Trusted Contributor

I personallt stick with black or whte because thry can go with anything.

Honored Contributor

This is a problem that is MOST specific to reds.    So many reds are just not hue-compatible with other reds.  For this reason, I use red as more of an accent color in my black and red kitchen.

I love red but it must be a blue-red.  Not too blue, but definitely not at all in the orange-red hue.   Since I do red as an accent I've managed to do pretty well in having red items that I do like.  

I did purchase one red item, years ago, that ended up being too 'weak' a red for my taste.  Fortunately my cleaning lady, who also loves red but isn't as picky as I, likes it so I gave it to her.