Regular Contributor

Questions about Aunt Bertie's Potatoes

It's been a while since I've made them.......simple simple simple I know, but I can't remember what temperature to bake them at, or do we cover them or not, etc.

Also, have any of you ever put a little shredded cheese, like cheddar, between the layers, and did it add anything to the flavor. Want to make them tonight. Hope you can help. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Questions about Aunt Bertie's Potatoes

Here it is. Happy New Year!

Aunt Bertie's Potatoes

Regular Contributor

Thank you for replying, however I can't access it or it won't let me get anywhere. My screen is blank. AnneMary

Respected Contributor

Aunt Bertie's scalloped potatoes

Thinly slice peeled raw potatoes, enough to feed the number of people you want to feed. Do not make for less than 4, as it won't work right.

Salt if you want it.

Place potatoes in a deep casserole dish (I use corning ware) use Pam or oil to coat dish to prevent a difficult cleanup.

Pour HEAVY cream over the potatoes till it comes to within one inch BELOW the top of the potatoes.

Bake uncovered in a 350 degree, preheated oven, for one to two hours depending on the size of the dish. It should be browned on top, and tender when pierced with a knife.

This comes out thick, and tasting as though you added cheese. Only two ingredients, so easy.

I have added cheese, they come out fine.

Respected Contributor

I have also added chopped onion and cubed ham to this recipe and both come out great.

Trusted Contributor

I see someone posted recipe. I have made these potatoes and they are delicious.

Regular Contributor

nunya: thank you so very much. Have printed a couple of copies.....now if I don't forget where I stash these I'll have it made! Looking forward to having them again with my prime rib dinner tonight with DH. Happy New Year!

Respected Contributor

Love them too. Threw in a little grated nutmeg with mine.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2015 AnneMary said:

nunya: thank you so very much. Have printed a couple of copies.....now if I don't forget where I stash these I'll have it made! Looking forward to having them again with my prime rib dinner tonight with DH. Happy New Year!

you're welcome! these are a favorite at my house.

Honored Contributor

It seems these are nothing more than scalloped potatoes. Sorry your screen was blank.