Respected Contributor

For those of you who like applesauce do you like it heated?     My mother always heated it and I just grew up thinking that is what you always do to applesauce.  I can't stand to eat it cold.      My husband is just the opposite and always eats it cold.   

Heating it just seems to bring out the sweetness and more flavor of the apples for me.

Honored Contributor

I've always eaten it cold.  I don't know that I'd like it heated.

Trusted Contributor

DH likes it warmed. And chunky, preferably homemade.

Honored Contributor

Always cold here.

Respected Contributor
I think it would be great with oatmeal and warm too! Ohhhh serve it over some ice cream like hot fudge but as hot apple sauce and some caramel. YUM!
Trusted Contributor

Just finished making a homemade patch and I love it  cold...but warm is great too.  Just a preference of what you like. It smells so good when cooking on the stove. Tried Cortland apples this time.

Bought Mutsu apples for my apples pies for Thanksgiving, they are delicious.

Honored Contributor

I'll take mine chunky and cold.  I don't care for it on oatmeal as it just blends in and adds to the mushy factor.  Doesn't even taste much.  I prefer baked sliced apples on my oatmeal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

DH likes it warmed. And chunky, preferably homemade.

My mother always made her own, it's a little different each time. One Thanksgiving, she forgot to put the gravy on the table and when she was making applesauce, she put a little too much water in. Yep, you got it, we all had applesauce over our mashed potatoes. Think it was room temperature. Her applesauce and mashed potatoes always had something in common. Something like good intentions gone wrong. They both started out to be smooth but both had lumps. Smiley Very Happy

My brother used to say that he thought mashed potatoes were supposed to have lumps until he was married!

Trusted Contributor

@wishmoon

I make my own when I have the time. I make a big batch. It gets used for many things from being served with pork, over ice cream, over waffles, pancakes and French toast, on yogurt. DH and DS just love the stuff. I make mine very chunky so it doesn’t mush up in oatmeal. 

Its easy just a bit time consuming.

Trusted Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

@wishmoon

I make my own when I have the time. I make a big batch. It gets used for many things from being served with pork, over ice cream, over waffles, pancakes and French toast, on yogurt. DH and DS just love the stuff. I make mine very chunky so it doesn’t mush up in oatmeal. 

Its easy just a bit time consuming.

I'll bet nobody ever mistakenly substituted it for turkey gravy! Yours sounds delicious. Smiley Happy