Honored Contributor

Question for those waiting for Vitamix to replace blade.....

I have to wait until September and I would really like to be using it now when it is getting hot here.   Are you still using yours before the blade is replaced?   

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for those waiting for Vitamix to replace blade.....

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee 

I am still using it.  However, it is not something I use a lot.  I have not had any problems, have not noticed any flecks or defects.

It seems to be totally fine.

Maybe try it out crushing ice and water.  No waste of food if you do see that you have an issue.

For the amount I use it, I may not even bother to do the replacement when it is my turn.  Not worth the hassle, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mailing stuff to send the container back should be coming this month. Yes, I use it everyday--haven't noticed anything unusual. Decided on letting them replace the assembly for the blade, which is the problen part and not take the $70 as you can only use that toward a new machine or a new container----which is not much  for a machine and about half for a new container. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your responses.  I also don't use mine very often at all, but now that it's getting so hot may want to make some sorbet, etc.   I am also having them replace the blade.  The $70. doesn't go far to get a new Vitamix and I really don't need a new one.  Thanks again.