Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Amazon/Walmart online shoppers

I had 1 pkg from Amazon damaged but contents inside were fine. Never any problems with packages from Wal-Mart. Don't order from them online very much. Packages from UPS are always really dirty. They must be tossing around these packages in dirty warehouses & trucks for them to look like they do when you receive them.

Honored Contributor

forrestwolf, please let Amazon know what has been going on with your package deliveries.  I have been very lucky myself but one package took forever to get delivered and I let Amazon know (I am a Prime member and if they are paying a delivery service to get it to me in the allotted time I thought they should know if it didn't make it as they are paying for these services).

They will replace any of your items that arrived in that deplorable condition too!

Hope you are feeling better every day!

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a Walmart a scant 1 mile up the street so I don't often order things from them.  I belong to Amason Prime and order tons from them, get at least 3 deliveries a week, including big bags of dog food.  I haven't had any problems with packaging , although getting rid of all those boxes becomes a chore.

I had to laugh about getting rid of the boxes. It's getting downright embarrassing at all the boxes I have these days. I find myself running to the garage to tear them down so fast so no one sees them. I know it seems like I have a shopping problem but I don't think people realize how much easier it is for me to shop online. 

Every Wednesday nght, as DH prepares to put the trash out for pick up the next day, he tears down the boxes in which I have received QVC, Amazon, etc. items, and to make matters worse, I make him remove the labels which usually requires a box opener, lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No problems with either, forrestwolf.

I've been a non-stop satsified Amazon customer for the past 10 years now, and occasionally a Walmart.com one for the last few.

Hope things take a turn for the better for you.  8)

Honored Contributor

I order from Amazon all the time and have never had a problem with the packaging.  They do always send me a little questionairre to fill out about the packaging.  I rarely order from Walmart but have not had a problem with the packaging from the items that I've ordered from them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

forrestwolf, please let Amazon know what has been going on with your package deliveries.  I have been very lucky myself but one package took forever to get delivered and I let Amazon know (I am a Prime member and if they are paying a delivery service to get it to me in the allotted time I thought they should know if it didn't make it as they are paying for these services).

They will replace any of your items that arrived in that deplorable condition too!

Hope you are feeling better every day!

^ This.

I've only had one problem with Amazon in all the years I've used it.   And it was a non prime item.   Poorly packed and broke.  I did get a refund, but it took forever to ship, and the whole thing was bizarre.  Showed it shipped to Texas and was returned before tracking ever showed up.   Generally you contact the seller first then if they don't help you you contact Amazon directly.  Things happen fast then.

I order ship to the Walmart store so I've never done a home delivery.

I've also ordered a few large things from Costco with free shipping and was pleasantly surprised with fast shipping and great service.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Amazon rules ! On the ball !  Q, on their best day couldn't come close to amazon's service.

Trusted Contributor

I have notified both, and Amazon gave me a refund on several items, but I have to send back the Hawaiian Spirulina, that is bubbled wrapped, but the glass bottle is broken into a million pieces........Thank goodness I noticed before I removed the bubble wrap.....Walmart has refunded me already as well......I do not know if the issue is with the companies or FedEx, or UPS......Woman Frustrated

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf wrote:

I have notified both, and Amazon gave me a refund on several items, but I have to send back the Hawaiian Spirulina, that is bubbled wrapped, but the glass bottle is broken into a million pieces........Thank goodness I noticed before I removed the bubble wrap.....Walmart has refunded me already as well......I do not know if the issue is with the companies or FedEx, or UPS......Woman Frustrated

I am so glad to hear that both companies stepped up and processed the refunds so quickly.  Can't put a price tag on good customer service!

I think Amazon is going through some growing pains as they are opening so many of their own distribution centers around the country in order to facilitate their Same Day Delivery service instead of using the massive ones that normally process 90% of things that are distributed around the US.

Occasional Contributor

I work for Amazon in Lexington Ky, I pack orders, we have a rate to meet in order to keep our job, we work very fast when packing orders. We r supposed to put bubble wrap in every order ( unless no room in box for it ). I also train new starts, we r reminded by managers to pack orders as if it were coming to me. But as always some do not follow thru on the proper packing technique, I also order from Amazon and have always received excellent service.

Formerly Tatz