Respected Contributor

Re: Question for Air Fryer owners

Find one that you will leave out you will use it alot more than you think. And buy a round one preferablly a Power Xl 5.3 and the basket does not chip or peel, hand wash to be sure. I bought a turn-table so as to protect the counter from heat and ease of use. They have the turn tables at Bed, Bath, and Beyound. I've had really good luck with mine , i've had it for 17 months already. Found mine at Kohl's.Bought it on Valentine's Day for my husband to give to me. I use mine everyday, and sometimes 2-3-times a day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tyak  I moved from an electric appliance house to a gas stove condo.  Please know the stove/oven is very old and probably doesn't work as well as much newer models do but to be honest I avoid it and instead use my air fryer/toaster oven/induction burner.  I use the gas burner to heat hot water for my coffee/tea throughout the day (I use an insulated carafe) but other than that we are not friends.

In terms of an air fryer on your counter, based on your normal culinary patterns, would you use it every day?  I do so I have no problem with it taking up real estate on my counter space.  Give it some thought about your lifestyle and what you enjoy making/eating as goodness knows there are plenty out there to pick from!

Super Contributor

I have two of the smaller ones (the manual one that looks like a Minion, and the new digital one) -- they're perfect for doing enough chicken for a double batch of chicken salad, or one portion of fries (when I want them and my husband doesn't), or some fish (which I eat but my husband doesn't). I have the Paula Deen 5.3 qt size for large batches of fried chicken or frendh fries. But the little guys cook a lot more than you'd think.