Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about the Keurig coffeemaker

I have mine since December of 2017. No shaking. I enjoy it.Give it a try.

Respected Contributor

I got my first one when Q just started selling them, loved it but as time went on the coffee wasn't hot, so made a cup then microwave it for 30 sec so then last Christmas got a newer one at Costco and coffee is hot. I did buy a cheap Mr Coffee drip at Walmart to compare seems coffee tasted the same to me. Some like the perk & Mr Coffee sitting in warm became bitter. I only drink around 1-2 cups a day. Mr Coffee carafe sitting there I drank more which I don't need. Never had it shaking but I really don't think it's noisy, you hear it heating up & water dripping into the mug if that is a problem for some, I don't understand. I want to hear the appliances doing their job. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe you will have better luck this time. It's worth a try if you really want one. I couldn't be witthout my Keurig.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a Keurig mini as the TSV last Oct or Nov and by March it had died. I called Keurig and they sent me a new on. This only makes one cup at a time as that's all I need. I thank Kuerig for acting promptly as I had a new one the same week I called.

Trusted Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@itsmetoo,

The 2.0 Keurig is the one that only takes coffee brands marked with a "K". 

I have an older model, K155, or something like that, and I can use any generic k-cup brand in my machine.

I got my first Keurig about 2007 and, yes, it was LOUD.  It wasn't a problem for me as I live alone.  But a few times when I had company, I felt guilty using it in the morning.

My current one is very quiet - I also have to look in the cup to see if it brewed.Woman LOL

@roeroe1005 

Thank you for the explanation! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have my original Keurig coffee makers.  They must be maybe 15 plus years old and still work.  I have one at home and one in my RV.

They are both noisy. If I am sleeping and My DH makes coffee in the morning, the coffee maker wakes me up...and I sleep on the 2nd floor.

My counters don't shake...I have granite, but the overflow container with the metal perforated lid shakes like crazy and vibrates.

My two sisters have newer models and theirs are quiet.  I am waiting for mine to break down so I can replace them.

You can always buy a new one now.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Occasional Contributor

Just wanted to update everyone, I ordered the Keurig K-Select coffeemaker last week after reading everyone's comments. It arrived today (2 days earlier than expected!! 😮). I just finished setting it up and brewed my first k-cup of decaf (since I don't want to be up all night lol). No vibrating countertop! It was very quiet! I am so happy! I can't wait to try the different coffees that came with it and get back to enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning again!! 😁😁 Thanks for all your comments! I'm glad I gave Keurig another chance!
Respected Contributor

@Kimmyb  glad you decided to give it another try. Hope you enjoy it. Appliances aren't suppose to vibrate like yours did.