Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about cookie baking.

Whats your favorite cookie sheet? What brand name? TIA

Honored Contributor

Part of my problem is that I've bought so many cookie pans in my life and they always wind up a mess. I inevitably grab them for roasting veggies or for catching pie juices and the next thing you know they look disgusting.  Even though I bake with parchment paper, my pans are an embarrasing mess.  I'm going to buy new ones and keep them separate to use exclusively for cookie baking.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I don't like cooking anything in those disposable foil things.  They don't cook the same as a regular pan.

Honored Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

@deb5555

I've used Nordic Ware sheets and lined them with parchment paper - 

Valued Contributor

Not that difficult to carry a couple of cookie sheets.  You would probably be carrying more if using disposables.  I would not risk the switch.  I know how my cookies bake on my sheets, why take the chance.

Valued Contributor

could you put the disposable ones on the regular pan? Still have the thickness but no clean up? I have also used the disposable pans, and do not care for them. I have only used them for casseroles and hot side dishes

cookin

Honored Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

I use traditional uncoated half sheet pans that are made with aluminized steel. The brand doesn't matter. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@deb5555 wrote:

@deb5555

I've used Nordic Ware sheets and lined them with parchment paper - 

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

@deb5555-

The best cookie or pizza or anything pan/sheet I've ever had are the USA pans-made in the USA, no aluminum.They are wonderful.And naturally non stick. Sold at Bed Bath and Beyond is where I got mine for me and daughters.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@deb5555 wrote:

@deb5555-

The best cookie or pizza or anything pan/sheet I've ever had are the USA pans-made in the USA, no aluminum.They are wonderful.And naturally non stick. Sold at Bed Bath and Beyond is where I got mine for me and daughters.

USA pans are aluminized steel. I have many of them. They absolutely have aluminum. It's a hot dipped process on both sides of the pan. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval