Super Contributor

Re: Question about Harry London Chocolates.

Thank you for the clarification, Shogirl. I knew I would mess something up! At any rate, I loved the Waggoner chocolate and promptly disposed of the Harry London.

Honored Contributor

I never met a chocolate I didn't like...but these are overpriced for the quality imo.

Respected Contributor

I ordered two tins, one for Thanksgiving and the other for Christmas. My chocolates were/are delicious, as I am still eating them, LOL. They are still very fresh and not stale-tasting as others have claimed.

As I recall when mine were shipped, they did remain In Process for quite a long time before I actually received them.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

My mom had the Christmas assortment last year, and I found them very waxy and just sort of blah. Nothing special.

Honored Contributor

I just noticed that the Q started selling Landies Candies, so I ordered the bark. It's made in Buffalo, just a few miles from where I live, so it came in two days.

Landies Candies is sold at Wegmans as Wegmans Swiss Chocolate.

It is FANTASTIC. Smooth, creamy, very "Swiss" - like Lindt, but not as expensive. The fruit in the chocolate bark is HUGE and very fresh.

The Qs packaging isn't very attractive, but the candy is special.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered a decorative tin at Christmas and LOVED the chocolates -- I don't understand the complaints, but I guess that just proves every one tastes differently! I can't stand fish or liver, but I know some people love both....

Trusted Contributor

On 3/19/2014 daisy4 said:

On March 10th I ordered a tin of Harry London chocolates. As of today - March 20th - the order status is still saying "In Process". Ten days seems like a long time to be "In Process". Is anyone else having this problem or am I the only lucky one?

That question can't be answered unless we know: what was the estimated delivery date when you purchased it? Sometimes those are shipped out at different times. If your EDD was 3-24, as an example, then stop worrying. If the EDD has passed then call customer service.

Several days ago there were 2 or 3 posts about how delayed their order was and their EDD wasn't for several days yet. Everyone needs to pay attention to that date when ordering and stop posting about delays that really aren't delays. Also, QVC system for orders often says "in process" when it has already been shipped - they need to get better about updating that info.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2014 luvtoshopathome said: I ordered Harry London chocolates for Christmas, thinking they were the same quality as when they were on the southern channel with Allison Waggoner, we'll was I surprised they were terrible, they were stale (all the chocolate was a whitish color) waxy and very sweet. Not good at all. I don't know if you've had them before but you may consider canceling. That's a long time to be in process.

I can't speak to the flavor, but the whitish color doesn't mean chocolate is old or stale. It's often caused by an extreme temperature change. If you bought chocolates in the winter and they had to ship in the cold and then came into a heated home, that could do it in even new chocolate. That shouldn't affect the flavor, though. If they were bad, they probably started out that way.

Respected Contributor

I heard this quote but don't recall where...""The worst chocolate I ever had was fantastic!"" But Harry London was not the best for my tastebuds.Some may like it a lot.

Valued Contributor

On 3/19/2014 Scotnovel said:
On 3/19/2014 daisy4 said:

On March 10th I ordered a tin of Harry London chocolates. As of today - March 20th - the order status is still saying "In Process". Ten days seems like a long time to be "In Process". Is anyone else having this problem or am I the only lucky one?

That question can't be answered unless we know: what was the estimated delivery date when you purchased it? Sometimes those are shipped out at different times. If your EDD was 3-24, as an example, then stop worrying. If the EDD has passed then call customer service.

Several days ago there were 2 or 3 posts about how delayed their order was and their EDD wasn't for several days yet. Everyone needs to pay attention to that date when ordering and stop posting about delays that really aren't delays. Also, QVC system for orders often says "in process" when it has already been shipped - they need to get better about updating that info.

My EDD was March 14th. (That was five days ago.) I called Customer Service today. She said she would send an e-mail to the shipping department. That still doesn't give me any answers - especially since it ships from Harry London not QVC.