Trusted Contributor

Re: Question About Those King's Hawaiian Bread Products

On 1/27/2015 Madisson said:
On 1/27/2015 RedHeadedWench said:

We love these little rolls.....that's why I can't keep them in the house. LOL

I know...90 calories per roll plus butter! The problem is that I could eat 3-4 of them plus whatever else we're having for dinner. Thank G-d I have a fast metabolism!

I know what you mean...I love them with Chick Fil A chicken salad on them. I could eat about ten! LOL

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 RedHeadedWench said:

I know what you mean...I love them with Chick Fil A chicken salad on them. I could eat about ten! LOL

Yum - sounds good - Chick-Fil-A chicken salad, not Kings Hawaiian!

Contributor

Aldo's also has a Hawian roll, about $1.50 a dozen. Tastes just as good as the Hawian brand.
Contributor

The Hawaiian rolls are practically a food group in our house. My kids eat them all the time and I have one kid that we have a hard time getting to eat, so I keep them in stock. I have tried both the buns and the bread. I enjoy the buns, but only for a once in a while thing. I think they taste very similar, though not exactly the same. Maybe more a difference in texture. The kids don't really like them alone or with a hot dog or hamburger. Only I did. One kid liked the bread (I did as well), but the others are strictly 'roll eaters'

I haven't tried the Sara Lee's yet.

I would LOVE to have a recipe to make the bread in my bread machine. I have a little 1 lb zojirushi machine. If you have a recipe, I'd love to have it. Save me a little on constantly buying the rolls and I like it when I can cut out at least a few preservatives.