Frequent Contributor

Question About - F11793 "Low-Carb" 2 Cookbook Set by George Stella

Does anyone have these cookbooks by George Stella? If so, how are the recipes? Also have you seen these cookbooks at other stores (Costco, etc) for lower prices. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question About - F11793 ""Low-Carb"" 2 Cookbook Set by George Stella

I have 3 and haven't used 1, but that's not the only set I can say that about.

Contributor

The Complete Low Carb Cookbook, his newest, came out May 1, 2014 and is a best seller on Amazon and QVC. It's 17.96 on Amazon all by itself. The other one came out in 2012 and hasn't been available for a couple of years.

Since they've been out previously, no, Costco doesn't have it/them. They only carry brand new books and I've never seen his books there.

The recipes are good if you follow a low/lower carb way of eating. His ricotta cheesecake is rated excellent as are other recipes. Check your library to see his books, that's what I do first.

This is a really good deal. 2 books for $2 more than One of them costs.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I used to be a cookbook junkie but I don't have those. I sold or donated most of my cookbooks. There are so many free recipes, with nutritional info, from reputable websites now that I seldom use my cookbooks anymore. I also enjoy seeing multiple variations on the same recipe that you find on the web rather than just the one version that is in the cookbook.