Honored Contributor

Re: Quality of Aldi's baking supplies . . .

To me Aldi's baking products are every bit as good as the name brands.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I would take a chance with the yeast.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

On 10/15/2014 AuntG said:

To me Aldi's baking products are every bit as good as the name brands.

Aldi's products are all name brands, but packaged under one of their house brand names. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Frequent Contributor

I have always been very pleased with all of my baking product purchases from Aldi. They will also start lowering thier prices on baking products closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as getting in a larger selection of products.

Super Contributor

We just had an Aldis open up near us. I bought a can of sweetened condensed milk to make a keylime pie. When I looked at the label, it said it came from Mexico. I'm not going to use it because I don't know what they feed their cows in Mexico or how clean their production is of milk/products. Now when I shop there, I read labels and see where the product is made.

Super Contributor

I don't care for Aldi at all. But all of the baking supplies in my regular store are so cheap right now that I just buy the brands I'm used to. I'm a black belt in baking. The Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips are 3 for $5.00 right now. Can't beat that.

Regular Contributor

We use Aldi baking products w/no problems at all! As a matter of fact, I used the fast rising yeast and flour to make a pizza crust tonight. Family gobbled it up! Its true..during this time of the year, they start putting out more baking items and they are at a good price. This is when I usually stock up on those 3 pack strips of yeast. I also use King Arthur Whole Wheat flour, but the Aldi products are right there in the rotation.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/15/2014 robomo said:

I don't care for Aldi at all. But all of the baking supplies in my regular store are so cheap right now that I just buy the brands I'm used to. I'm a black belt in baking. The Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips are 3 for $5.00 right now. Can't beat that.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Me too.

I don't go cheapin' around when so many good sales on products I trust.

I've yet to see a good sale on butter. I'm going to stock up. I tried a new brand called "Challenge". It didn't taste bad but when I tried melting it, the stick always explodes! Too much water content.

And that is the reason it sells for less than LOL or Horizon Organic.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Aldi's and the baking supplies are as good as any around.

Super Contributor

Aldi's and Trader Joes are owned by the same German corporation. They both sell quality foods at low prices. My husband really loves their boxed brownie mix. Hey, I'm not going to waste time making brownies when he loves those!!