Highlighted
Respected Contributor

QVC needs to be more transparent on country of origin with food products

Again today ...  Jayne selling ale battered shrimp and while she continued oooing and ahhing over it for 10 minutes she failed to provide country of origin information.  Headed to QVC.com :  nothing in the item description if they shrimp are fresh or farm raised and where they are from.

I continue to be disappointed with QVCs lack of transparency.  Does QVC listen to their customers ?

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC needs to be more transparent on country of origin with food products

@Reever  I agree with you 💯 on the origin of the shrimp!! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

@Reever   Sorry to say that the answer is no....otherwise, shipping would have improved, customer service would still be available on Sunday, and the chat function would work. 

Thank goodness we have the great mods - I see them helping out frustrated posters all the time. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Were you going to buy them that you needed to know where they were coming from?

We get it that you don't want your food from certain places, maybe it's time for you to put a mask and gloves on and go into a supermarket instead of on-line ordering.....

Esteemed Contributor

ITA with @Reever , you have to be cautious where your seafood comes from.   I have read that China's fish farming is disgustingly filthy!   That information should be provided when presenting.  Of course QVC would sell the cheapest seafood at a high price to make more profit, goes for most of the food products they sell.   I know they have a few  items from here and that's all I would purchase but honestly I am not a big fan of any of it.

Honored Contributor

I agree 100%!!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor

Agreed! Plus sister company Zullily. Week after I ordered 2 expensive face masks I found our they're coming from China. YIKES!

Honored Contributor

Anderson Seafoods has established its own network of direct sources for fresh and frozen products from around the world including Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, the Pacific Northwest, the East Coast, Asia, and South America, and all are HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) approved sources.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I find that if something is imported, the description online usually tells you so. QVC does not need to mention that in a presentation. Just do the due diligence and read everything about what you are purchasing. If it doesn't say it is imported, then it isn't.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Anderson Seafoods has established its own network of direct sources for fresh and frozen products from around the world including Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, the Pacific Northwest, the East Coast, Asia, and South America, and all are HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) approved sources.

HACCP is a system, not an agency. How could it "approve" anything?