Super Contributor

QVC food section lacks in diabetc food choices

There are so many ''unhealthy'' foods that are featured but it sure would be nice if the food community that comes up with all these foods would also feature some great foods for diabetics.  Some quick and easy frozen foods, etc. just like they make for the rest of the world.  I think they are missing a HUGE market seeing how we are always hearing of the ''diabetic epidemic'  and yet most of the foods that are featured are the ooey-gooey sweet, fat and high carb foods. Diabetics would also like some quick foods to make the same kind that are fetured here.  Just sayin'.  thankx for listeing. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC food section lacks in diabetc food choices

????  There are tons of options in the grocery store for great prices.  It is so much easier to look in store and pick your own based on your personal preferences.

Honored Contributor

Diabetes is a serious disease, I think such a thing would be a legal liability for QVC.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

By strict definition, diabetes is NOT an "epidemic."  It's not something that can be spread to others the way the flu is.

I am diabetic and I didn't "catch" this from anyone.

The Q has no legal liability. People have to learn how to make the right choices in what they eat. Easy peasy. Each person is responsible for their own eating habits, no one else is.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My mom is diabetic and has no problem buying food items in the grocery store that fit her dietary requirements.  Why do people think QVC needs to cater to everyone's specialty needs or requirements.

Trusted Contributor

Sure, and those without diabetes can go to the grocery store and bakery, too. The poster is merely saying as a customer that it would be nice to have a choice on QVC. I agree.

QVC used to offer some low carb choices like Squirel Nut mixtures without sugar pieces. I'd like to see more offerings like that again.

Honored Contributor

@makena I could not agree MORE!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

By strict definition, diabetes is NOT an "epidemic."  It's not something that can be spread to others the way the flu is.

I am diabetic and I didn't "catch" this from anyone.

The Q has no legal liability. People have to learn how to make the right choices in what they eat. Easy peasy. Each person is responsible for their own eating habits, no one else is.

@Love my grandkids Wow, somebody that has a brain.  Congratulations 🎉 🎈 well said.

Honored Contributor

@plmokn.  Food community?  The foodies have actually formed a community?  That's scary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

As others have said, there are options available at the grocery store. But that's not the point, is it? I think it would be great of there were more options ( low sodium, low carbs, low fat and low sugar. Hope nobody yells at me. After all, just about everything on the Q could be purchased elsewhere but the point is that we like or need to do our shopping here. :-)