Frequent Contributor

Whatever happened to QVC's line of bakeware by Cooks Essentials? They used to carry all kinds of baking pans, cookie sheets, etc., often in sets. I got a cake pan with a cover that had built in handles years ago and loved it.

Honored Contributor

I miss the wide array of Cooks Essentials items. Seemed like almost every year they had a TSV of baking sheets, etc. and a lot more cookware sets. Wonder what happened there as CE is their own brand.

Honored Contributor

This is only a guess from my experience, but I think that because the bakeware was guaranteed for life, and it was bound to fail, they had lots of replacement costs. I have quite a few pieces of their cookie sheets, and various baking pans, and they are nice enough, especially with the nice lock on lids, but not going to last forever. I had to have almost every piece replaced at least once. I've had the same experience with their non stick cookware in all lines. It just didn't last for a lifetime the way the promoted it, and people moved on. Getting those replacements was far from free, as you have to pay to return the defective items. At some point, it's just easier to go and buy new locally and forget the shipping.

As far as bakeware goes, I found a company that makes super nice bakeware from pizza and cookie sheets, to bread and muffin pans, the whole line. They are made in America and called USA Pan. You can get them online or at lots of specialty kitchen stores. They are the nicest I have ever had, only drawback is they don't have those great lids that lock on like the Cook's Essentials did.