Honored Contributor

Wow, looks so good.  But beyond my budget.  Those who get it I hope you enjoy it!  You could invite me to dinner!Woman LOL

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I am from New England but live in Florida. I love Lobster but will not pay these prices. When I was in New England in June we pay about 20 to 22 for a 1 1/2 pound Lobster which is plenty. 

Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I am from New England but live in Florida. I love Lobster but will not pay these prices. When I was in New England in June we pay about 20 to 22 for a 1 1/2 pound Lobster which is plenty. 

@conlt  LUCKY!  If you are in New England, the lobster doesn't have to get a plane ticket to get to Oklahoma like my lobster does! 

Honored Contributor

I live in SE coastal GA and we pay $12.99 lb. at Publix for live Maine lobsters. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

That's what I miss most from living on the East coast.  I didn't know how spoiled I was until I moved to the midwest and tried to buy seafood.

Honored Contributor

I was in Wegmans today.  Their seafood dept. had a sign that said whole Maine Lobsters $6.99 a lb.   average 1.25 to 2.5  lbs each

You preorder and pick them up in August..your choice of three different days.

Respected Contributor

That's right, understood. I do miss New England because of the Lobster. I do go up for a little bit in the summer. We sometimes get 3 to 4 oz Canadian Lobster tails in the market here in Florida. They taste the same as the Maine Lobster, they just crossed the boarder into Canada LOL. However there is nothing like fresh Lobster. When I get it in the market here it is not fresh but it still tastes good. 

Respected Contributor

That is a great price. Is that Wegmans in New England? When I was growing up we had big 2 pound Lobsters for 4th of July. We were so stuffed, actually sick of Lobster after that meal. My favorite is Lobster Pie, there is this little seafood place just over the New Hampshire boarder, just south of Hampton Beach that makes the best Lobster Pie, basically Lobster, butter, and town house or ritz crackers baked in a croc. My favorite. 

Esteemed Contributor

@conlt wrote:

Been on the news past weeks, lobster prices way down.  Price Chopper had them on sale for like 4.95/lb - had to buy two.

I agree re the big deal pricing!