Honored Contributor

We don't have one up here in PA, but in FL it seems like there is one on almost every street corner!  My mother shops there and loves it!  They have a nice bakery & deli department.

Valued Contributor

Another thumbs up for Publix. Always spotless, well stocked, deli, bakery. I, too, love their ready made meatballs. Pharmacy always helpful. Plus, they will carry out and put bags in your car. No tipping policy but  ...

Super Contributor

Love the Blue Apron foods that Publix offers.  They make a great flank steak with muzzarella and spinich.  When you buy that and bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees you will think you ordered it at a restaurant.  TRY IT!!!  You will love it.  Oh, and their crab cakes are very affordable and really good.  I just wish they had potstickers as good as QVC's and then I would be in food heaven.

Spoiler

Super Contributor

Sorry about that spoiler thing I clicked on.  Just read my post please.  I really mean it.  Thank you.    

Contributor

Publix may be up your way soon. I never thought I would see them in Knoxville TN but we have more than one here. I loved shopping there when I was in Florida so was happy when they opened here.

Honored Contributor

Obviously Publix got lots of complaints regarding them stopping sanitizing, not enforcing masks, etc. -- I personally was one who stopped shopping there.  They are also considering "sr hours" again that stopped awhile ago.  (They recommend coming to store early)

I went today to pick up Rx guess what these are back...

• Sanitizing wipes at cart area
  • Employee offering to wipe cart, if you want
  • Enforcing mask, will offer you one if you don't have
  • Aisles are back to "oneway", etc.
  • only service dogs allowed - no more bring your "therapy" dog in store 💃

Glad to see it! I'm sure it was because they were losing customers & not because their prices are high🙂

Trusted Contributor

I have a Publix down the road from me and instead I drive the 20 minutes or so to Aldis due to the prices being so much better. Wegmans never impressed me (had one 10 minues from our old place as well as Trader Joes, Sprouts, Costco, Food Lion, Safeway, Giant, Aldi, Harris Teeter and a few others. Even then, it was Aldi and Costco (on occasion) due to the cost. You learn what to buy and what not to and in the end, if processed food isn't your thing, Aldi's simply can't be beat.

When we arrived, my son hit up Publix for a few things: milk, eggs, onions and peppers. 2 days later I hit Aldi's and was SHOCKED at the price difference and then was ticked off at how much money was wasted at Publix. One example was eggs; $2.99 a carton at Pulbix, 49 cents at Aldi. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"