Respected Contributor

Re: Products You loved That Disappeared!!!

@Harpa wrote:

Maybe not perfectiion, but one product both my daughter and I liked very much was Pepperidge Farm's frozen pizza.

My hubby and I loved it too.  It had the croissant crust - so light and flakey and the perfect size.  

Contributor

McRibs.  I know they bring them back occasionally but can never seem to find them in Oklahoma 😥

Respected Contributor

Triple Decker candy bars (thin layers of three kinds of chocolate--exquisite!)

Betty Crocker's date bar mix (so easy to make, and so delicious)

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Welch's Simply Refreshing in the peach mango favor

Trusted Contributor

pepperidge farm 4 cheese and garlic courtons.  can't find them any more

Respected Contributor

My T Fine years ago made a Lemon pudding mix similar to  the Lem one mentioned by another poster. Similar in that it had a capsule of lemon oil as oppossed to just powdered flavorings. It made a big difference in flavor and was convenient. 

I was so happy when shopping at Wal-mart the other day and saw the My T Fine brand --bought it-- made it but it did not have the little capsule nor the flavor ! Oh well back to my lemon curd recipe when longing for lemon.

Valued Contributor

I miss hey day cookies (nuts, choc, caramel) oh, so good

Campbells chuncky butter bean and ham soup. I would heat that up and serve it over noodles or rice.

cookin

Respected Contributor

Betty Crocker Noodles Romanoff. The *only* boxed product I liked. Loved, actually. In college, I'd prepare it as a snack. And forget the half-cup serving--I ate it all myself! 😂

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

1,2,3,4 Sky bars

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

I don't know the name of this cookie but it might have been a Keebler.  They were in a bag that opened from the top.  It was a round milk chocolate sandwich cookie with chocolate frosting in the middle.  It had raised swirls on top and a hole in the center where the icing was in a little mound though it.  They were the best ever and were popular so I wonder why they disappeared.  

Those sound familiar. I might've binged on those once or twice.

I suspect they could have been loaded with trans fats and partially hydrogenated something.

Once the public starts scanning the nutrition label and ingredients looking for key words they've decided to avoid, they also stop buying.

Unfortunately, some older products can't be successfully re-formulated.

For example the new Noxema is missing the camphor and eucalyptus, and whatever they substituted, the new texture & smell just isn't 'right' anymore.  😟