Honored Contributor

Pricey kitchen investment for my granddaughter.

I'm thrilled to have a toddler granddaughter, and one who loves to be in the kitchen with me.  The problem has been that she wants to see what's going on at all times and I can't hold her and cook.  A young neighbor of mine recommended this item and I just purchased one. I'm almost ashamed to say what I paid for it, but since I spend so much time in the kitchen, I thought it was a worthwhile investment. She's a little peanut of a thing and I don't expect she'll ever be tall for her age, so I'm hoping I can use this for years to come as I teach her to bake.  I'd never seen one of these before today. Does anyone here have experience with this?  It's called a toddler tower.

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 2.05.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 2.13.43 PM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Pricey kitchen investment for my granddaughter.

Looks good! .... I don't know the age range for "toddler" ....  how old is she now?  

Respected Contributor

@house_cat @Wow, looks like a good idea! I think it is adorable she wants to be with you!

Respected Contributor

@house_cat   

What a great idea!  Even if expensive, it's worth it to have those precious memories with your grandaugher.  It could be used in the bathroom to help her wash her hands, brush her teeth, plus easier for mom to comb her hair if she is elevated off the ground. 

When she's older, it could converted into a dollhouse, or place to store stuffed animals or toys.  Nice purchase.   

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  That looks very safe. If you are able to clean it easily, then I think it is a good investment - especially if you expect more little ones to follow. My DDs children usually pushed the Valerie storage ottoman over or used a kitchen chair. That or sat on the counter. None of those options was particularly safe.I wish I had known about this when the grandchildren were smaller.

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  My daughter bought that for my granddaughter when she was a toddler.  They both loved it and it got a lot of use.  My daughter didn't have to worry about the kiddo being under foot or wandering off, and my granddaughter was able to pretend cook or do other activities at the kitchen counter while mom was busy.  Great investment!

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

I think you will never be sorry you got it.

Just precious, and think of the memories made spending time together!  Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

What a wonderful idea and so safe.  You can't put a price on the wonderful memories this will help you create with your GD.  Whatever you paid it was not to much when you and GD are getting back.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

There is no price for safety especially in the kitchen.  My niece has this item and it's a "lifesaver" because my nephew can't fall off stool or barstool when helping her.  She now has a 6 month old and will use it for her when the time comes.

A great investment for many reasons but the memories will be endless❤️❤️❤️❤️

Happy cooking with your little helper!!🙂🙂

Trusted Contributor

That looks perfect. I have recently had two toddler grandsons who love to participate in everything in the kitchen. This would have been ideal. Since the youngest will be 4 in a couple of weeks, it's too late for me but I would have loved it. Another thing that is great for them is a plastic lettuce knife. It's a lot like those safe pumpkin carving knives, cuts but safe to use. They love to be able to cut up fruits and vegetables. Check out a kitchen shop, they may have other things for kids in the kitchen. Have fun with your sweet little girl.