Regular Contributor

I went apple picking yesterday. 2019 I paid $28 a bushel. Yesterday, $40 a bushel. I felt like I just crawled out of a cabbage patch. I was so surprised. I guess the raising prices have just kinda of crept up on me, that was shocking to me.  

Honored Contributor

@vaberry wrote:

I went apple picking yesterday. 2019 I paid $28 a bushel. Yesterday, $40 a bushel. I felt like I just crawled out of a cabbage patch. I was so surprised. I guess the raising prices have just kinda of crept up on me, that was shocking to me.  

@vaberry Lots of economic factors here.  Lots of money spent for things beyond our control, shortage of labor etc.  Inflation has happened before, so if you read about when and why you will have a clear understanding.

Trusted Contributor

Everything is going up......Except my paycheck

Honored Contributor

Re: Prices of food

[ Edited ]

Apples are cheaper in the supermarket.  It didn't used to be that way, but u-pick farms are rarer now and their prices incorporate a premium for entertainment value.

Respected Contributor

We ordered food the other day for 4 people and it came to 100.22 .I was shocked  so we compared prices on our takeout menu that is older.camepared to online menu.everything was up 2 or 3  bucks. We ordered there a couple weeks ago and order was similar. The amount was 25 dollars higher. I get it but it was just surprising that it was that much more in just a few weeks.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

We ordered food the other day for 4 people and it came to 100.22 .I was shocked  so we compared prices on our takeout menu that is older.camepared to online menu.everything was up 2 or 3  bucks. We ordered there a couple weeks ago and order was similar. The amount was 25 dollars higher. I get it but it was just surprising that it was that much more in just a few weeks.

@Pooky1 I remember inflation in the 1970's and maybe 80's?  It was horrible.  Prices went up so fast, interest rates were out of sight, and life was very hard for most of us working folk.

If you don't know what the drivers for inflation are, read up.  You are going to need to know to be aware of where the economy is headed. 

Respected Contributor

I was at Disney and ate at Casey's (hot dogs).  Ordered for 3 people:  the 50th anniversary hot dog, the 1971 meal (chili dog, fries, drink and cake pop), a plain hot dog, and one extra order of french fries and two more drinks.  So all in all, 3 hot dogs, 2 fries and 3 drinks.  Total:  $54!!!!

Honored Contributor

love Disney but pricing is "out of control" and now I was told you can't bring anything (snacks, water) in park.

I'm in no hurry to get there NOR make the executives richer😉

Honored Contributor

Disney has always been about making money as is any other place of business. Personally, I never found it to be fun or interesting. 

Honored Contributor

We had take out from a local place a few days ago. The prices were 20% higher than they were a month ago. My husband checked because we had an old menu.

@ScrapHappy We are going to Disney and I heard that prices have gone up and selections on the menu have gone down. Not looking forward to this trip as much as past trips.