Honored Contributor

Pretzels - Landies Candies or Mrs. Prindables?

Aloha QVC foodies!  I love Landies Candies pretzels & Mrs. Prindables Apples but have never tried her pretzels.  For pretzels, if you've had both Landies Candies & Mrs. Prindables, which do you prefer & why?  I look forward to your input!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Pretzels - Landies Candies or Mrs. Prindables?

[ Edited ]

I have had both and I prefer Mrs. Prindables way over Landies when I get the pretzels. I still have a couple of boxes of Landies. They are okay, but Mrs. Prindables never last in this house! I scarf down those pretzel sticks way faster than I should. Mrs. Prindables rocks!

As to the why, I found that Mrs. P's products tasted fresher. Might be because they don't make them until right before they ship, according to today's presentation. The pretzels seem to me to be crunchier, whereas the Landies seem softer, and I prefer the more crisp/crunch sensation.

I always get them with the intent to give as gifts; same with her apples. But they never leave my house. Shame on me! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Last year our Sam's Club had a assortment of chocolate covered pretzel twists from I think Landies for $12.00.  There were 24 and all individually wrapped.

I bought them as a hostess gift for a open house.  The host put them out and I had one they were good.

Although, I don't know the brand they also had toffee which was delicious and lots of other goodies.

We joined Costco so I'm looking forward to see what they'll have this holiday season.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

Thanks for the glowing review!  I'll try them this year!  They are the Q2 Big Deal so I'll go grab them.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I've had both.  I like Mrs. Prindables better.  My only complaint with Mrs. Prindables pretzels were that sometimes the amount of caramel was lacking.  I found that to also be true this past Christmas with her apples.  I've gotten her apples over the years and found the amount of caramel was defintely a lot less.  Landies candies pretzels are good, they ooze of caramel, which I like.  I don't particulary care for all the flavors...marshmellow, peanut butter, white chocolate...I tend just to like just milk chocolate and caramel...plain and simple.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @ScrapHappy!  I do like my caramel to ooze out of the pretzels.  Like you, I could careless about all the other fillings in the Landies Candies.  Just good ole' caramel & nuts is all I need.  I do prefer the pretzel splitz as sometimes the entire pretzel is more than I want.  I just ordered Mrs. P's, but when I see the LC pretzel splitz become available, I'll get some of those, too.

Honored Contributor

I like Landies much better.  Give them 10 stars.  More chocolate and filling on the thinner pretzels than the thicker Mrs. Prindables' sticks. Taste much better, too.  

Respected Contributor

I am a Landies splitz fan and ordered already for November delivery.  I happen to really enjoy all the creative and diverse flavors, and the combination of crunchy pretzel and soft filling.

Respected Contributor

I didn't care for the sprinkles on the Mrs. Prindables. Way too many, way too hard. For me, they greatly detracted from the pretzel.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your feedback.  Looks like both are equally loved!  I do love my Landies; this will be the first year I try Mrs. P's, too.  Have a great week!