Respected Contributor

Pretzel Caramel Chip Cookies, these were really good, I had to get the recipe.

Pretzel Caramel Chip Cookies

1/2 - cup (1 stick) butter, softened (unsalted)
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 - teaspoon vanilla extract
1 - egg
1/2 - teaspoon salt
1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 - cups all purpose flour
3/4 - cup stick pretzels, broken into thirds
*1/2 - cup
kraft caramel bits
1/4 - cup butterscotch chips
*1/4 - cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, cream the butter and the sugars. Add the vanilla and egg. Mix and scrape the sides of the bowl.

In a small bowl combine the salt, baking soda and flour. Gradually add to the wet mixture. Mix until combined.

Add the pretzel pieces, caramel bits and chips. Mix together using a spatula. Using a cookie scoop spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or non stick parchment cookie sheets.

Bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.

Recipe yields: 16 - 20 cookies depending on the size.

· I couldn’t find caramel bits, but I did find chocolate chips filled with caramel, so I used ¾ cup of those and no chocolate chips!

Respected Contributor

Re: Pretzel Caramel Chip Cookies, these were really good, I had to get the recipe.

She used the Caramel filled Chocolate Chips made by Nestle. She said it took longer to break the pretzel sticks into 3'rds, then any thing else.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pretzel Caramel Chip Cookies, these were really good, I had to get the recipe.

YUM.....these look GOOD!

http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2014/09/caramel-pretzel-chip-cookies-survey.html

have never seen the caramel bits before. wonder if you could substitute HEATH toffee chips?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Heath chips sound great here. I will make these! Thank you for posting!
Contributor

I just bought the caramel bits today at Aldi, then saw this post. Talk about "meant to be"... These look great!

Trusted Contributor

OMG, these look & sound good! Thank you!

Do you think if the butterscotch chips were left out it would ruin the flavor?

Anyone make these & can comment?