Super Contributor

Prettiest cupcake idea I have ever seen!

/></p> <p><span style= You must insert the toothpicks at a 45° Angle or the cupcakes may fall off. The styrofoam ball has a 5" diameter and holds 10 cupcakes. Cut green tissue paper into thin strips, fold accordion style and place it in between the cupcake "flowers" to give the illusion of leaves.

Respected Contributor

Re: Prettiest cupcake idea I have ever seen!

I think this is a really cute idea. But, for some reason I can't see one toothpick holding each cupcake since it's on an angle.

I guess it works though.

ETA: On second look maybe it's 2 toothpicks for each cupcake.

Honored Contributor

Thank-You, this is such a cute idea.

Respected Contributor

Cute, but I think there are two toothpicks for each cupcake.

Respected Contributor

Love the idea BUT I had to think about this one...

I think your mind is playing tricks on you. The pic on the left is definitely different than the pic on the right. The one on the left is for mini cupcakes, those miniatures, just have to be with a 5" diameter Styrofoam ball....there's no way you'll get 10 regular sized cupcakes on a 5" ball. Then looking at the pic on the right and the size of the hands with cupcakes, those are regular sized cupcakes and 2 will not do it, need at least 3 toothpicks and not sure about that....you agree?

Honored Contributor

Beautiful, that would be nice for many occasions. I'm thinking Valentine's Day.

Honored Contributor

Making me hungry for one right now! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2014 nantucket shore said:

I think your mind is playing tricks on you. The pic on the left is definitely different than the pic on the right. The one on the left is for mini cupcakes, those miniatures, just have to be with a 5" diameter Styrofoam ball....there's no way you'll get 10 regular sized cupcakes on a 5" ball. Then looking at the pic on the right and the size of the hands with cupcakes, those are regular sized cupcakes and 2 will not do it, need at least 3 toothpicks and not sure about that....you agree?

Yes, I think it's mini cupcakes with at least 2 toothpicks for securing. Thanks for pointing that out, forgot about the mini cupcakes as I rarely bake them.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 nantucket shore said:

Good eye.

Definitely a cute idea, but I kind of feel like the first shot is just a beauty shot (created using, probably, other means to keep it together. Then the second shot illustrates how YOU can do it, but you won't have the same result as in shot #1.

Honored Contributor

I think it's adorable. I would probably use mini cupcakes.

But what would bother me is once you take a cupcake off, then you have to look at a styrofoam ball. I would have to cover that in some way.