Valued Contributor

In your opinion of all the brands which would you recommend? I am interested in purchasing a 4 qt. Also what features do you like best? I like the ceramic but they are always the larger ones.

Honored Contributor

I'd check out Wolfgang's over on HSN, they have one other brand, also.

I got Cook's Essentials.  Q did have some 4 qt small ones not to long ago

Think that insta Pot everybody crows about is just 6 qt the smallest. I checked it out at walmart this thurs. and couldn't get the lid off to look down in the pot. Think the store had it rigged, though.

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a 6QT Cook Essentials two years ago. I like it. I wanted one that had the pre sets, defrost, keep warm and the feature that you could also set it yourself. I'm new to this type of cooking but wanted to learn for the time and $ savings. I'm glad I god the 6 QT because you have to allow a certain amount of space for the cooking process. Mine has a non stick liner that can go in the dishwasher. I actually wash it by hand because nothing sticks to it. Easy clean up.   

Trusted Contributor

Instant Pot. 6 qt. Got it from the "A."  Well made, stainless interior

Valued Contributor

Re: Pressure Cookers

[ Edited ]

Fa-gor makes a nice 4 quart.  You can buy on amazon or Kohls.  I had a problem with the Cooks Essentials which is why I cannot recommend it.  I like that I can brown/saute in the same pot that I pressure cook everything.

Honored Contributor

I live alone, cook for one but would never buy a 4 qt.  Cooking isn't my favorite activity so I like leftovers to eat a couple of days and something to freeze for later.  You can cook a small amount in  6 qt but you can't cook a large amount in a 4 qt. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I still use an old school pressure cooker on the stove with the weighted jiggler.

Respected Contributor

I just purchased an Elite bistro 4 qt from HSN . It comes with a non stick liner but I also purchased a SS liner that was offered (and sells out fast ) . I love the SS option. That is what I would consider when purchasing. It cleans beautifully as most thing pressure cooked require liquid so I have never had it burn. I think that is what many fear about SS. A hot water soak takes care of that easily with most SS items .

Another poster mentioned a brand with SS interior also. I believe the instant pot has one also.

I think most anymore have the automatic features. What I dread most with any new small appliance are going through the instructions then first time use !Smiley Happy This was true of pc . After the initial run they are easy-peasy and so helpful. Of course in meal planning one must remember the timing of coming up to pressure in addition to the recipe 's time.

Honored Contributor

I still have one of those 'old school' pressure cookers. Always a good back up. Just have to set timer so you won't forget it then you start smelling something burning hahahah