Regular Contributor

I am thinking about getting a pressure cooker. Can anyone recommend one and also, I heard the Hot Pot is excellent. Can anyone help me. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Pressure Cookers/Hot Pot

No, but I'm replying so I can also get advice. I'm looking for a multi-cooker.

Trusted Contributor

I like my Emeril Lagasse electric pressure cooker. If you get a stove top one, make sure it's made of steel and has replacement gaskets available. Lots of good YouTube videos available to help you decide.

Regular Contributor

Never heard of the "Hot Pot", but if you do get a stove top model, Fagor is a good choice. And get at least 8qt size, due to the fact that p/c's shouldn't be filled more that 2/3rds their capacity. And Fagor has replacement parts available on their website.

Trusted Contributor

I know that a lot of people choose the all stainless steel Insta Pot.....

I personally have the 8 QT Cooks Essential oval pressure cooker, that is no longer available, and just came home and made a pot of 15 bean soup, and it is ready, and I do not even get off from work until 1700.....And I own a 6 QT Cooks Essential that was the TSV here while back, and I also own the Big Boss 8 QT oval pressure cooker, that does more than just pressure cooking, as does my Cooks Essential.......

I like all 3 of them, and use them all of the time, and the 8 QT is not too big, as you can cook a small amount in a larger pot, but you can not cook more in a smaller pot.....and I do live alone........Kiss

Sorry for the large pictures, but you can see the fronts better........

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

ForrestWolf. What is your recipe for your bean soup? If a mix, what is your cooking time?