Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Prepared Thanksgiving Dinner

9 of our family are celebrating Thanksgiving on the day after..I ordered it pre-cooked from Bob Evans restaurant..it comes cold-packed, just heat up & eat..everything included, I will cook a turkey breast for sandwiches later. We enjoy their turkey dinner once a month or so, & so am pretty sure it will be good. This is first time in about 50 yrs that we haven’t cooked..looking forward! Happy turkey (or whatever) day to everyone! 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think it's the way to go if you don't enjoy cooking.  Why torture yourself.  Chances are if you don't like to cook, the meal you're buying couldn't be any worse than whatever you would prepare.  (Provided you ordered it from a reputable or recommended place.)  

I love to cook, so it's not a chore for me.  It's something I enjoy doing.

There's still some cooking to do with those dinners, they aren't tv dinners.  You have finish cooking the turkey and make additional sides and add your own spices etc to the gravy and veggies.  These aren't dinners that people who don't to cook would buy.  They are convenient time savers but they don't cook themselves.  

Honored Contributor

After reading all of the responces, I just LOVE homemade turkey.  I pull, push, and shove the largest turkey in and roat it with poultry seasoning, marjorum, and celery seeds after real butter.  I cook in a bag at 325 degrees, and it's moist cold!  I want turkey leftovers!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

(Son and DIL will take home all of the dark meat which is ok.  I only want one bite!)Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker

My family has done this a few times.  Nothing was frozen, it just needed to be heated up.  It was good but I think a person could do the dinner themselves for less than $50.  Also, some of the sides are ones that some family members don't eat. 

Respected Contributor

Again, thank you for all your responses.  Yesterday, I bought an almost 9 lb. Perdue Oven Stuffer that I will make on T-Day.  Funy thing after all this trying to decide to cook, buy premade or whatever, I get an email from Costco who is offering a turkey breast with stuffing -- Can't remember if it's cooked or you have to cook, and then anothe email from Meredith showing how to "air fry" a whole turkey breast in your air fryer.  Wish her email had come sooner, as I would have used her method.  I may just buy a bone-in breast and try her recipe.  It looks wonderful like everything else she does.  Love that girl!!!  Great chef, great teacher!!!