Honored Contributor

Re: Power smokeless indoor grill

True, I do all the time on the Philips.

My smoke detectors will go off if somebody f&rts to close to them, but, my Philips grill never sets it off.  My carbon monoxide detector can pick up bad breathe mile away hate that thing, but, good sense tells me to leave it be with husband running the generator out in garage all the time and it picks that up with the garage doors open guess it comes in thru the vents.

that thing will wake the dead scares you out of your mind.

I grill steaks, chops, burgers don't hear a peep.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I'd bought it if I didn't have the Phillips grill already.

It's at walmart in the store for 99. I guess it's the same wattage and accessories as the 1 Q had for 89.

@SharkE I checked wattage at Walmart...1200 vs 1500 here. 

I wondered about that because one chick who called in said hers wasn't the same wattage and think she paid more thru the informercial of that short guy's presentation. Walmart nails down their appliances now, so, you can't raise the lid and look at what's in the box.

P O's me to no end.  I'm sure we can thank the thiefs for that, too.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  I want to live in your house sounds like fun! LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Reever   my thoughts exactly. I would love to have this, but I do not have room to store it, my kithcen is very small. when I looked at the dimensions it is quite large. And I thought the same as you, I can use my regular pots and pans to do everything they are showing.It may be usedul to not have as much smoke, but it is just really impractical for me, no where to put it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an older smokeless indoor grill (a diffrent brand), and while it works fine, it is messy to clean. A fairly good amount of water has to be placed in the pan, and it gets a bit nasty (IMO) with fat and grease. The other thing is that it is fairly large for a kitchen appliance....and a bit heavy. I don't really use it all that often, mainly because of the clean-up.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  I also have the Philips Indoor Smokeless grill & hands- down the best thing I have ever bought!  I put foil around the removable tray to expedite the easy cleanup.  I just made these last night.  Not sure about other smokeless grills, but I am on my Philips!

B687589E-DCC7-4A4A-B9D3-A95BB4017E10.jpeg1E531F65-0953-455B-835E-B3684BD54369.jpeg70F24EDA-2E6D-4470-A45F-ED64F9D98C98.jpeg

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

True, I do all the time on the Philips.

My smoke detectors will go off if somebody f&rts to close to them, but, my Philips grill never sets it off.  My carbon monoxide detector can pick up bad breathe mile away hate that thing, but, good sense tells me to leave it be with husband running the generator out in garage all the time and it picks that up with the garage doors open guess it comes in thru the vents.

that thing will wake the dead scares you out of your mind.

I grill steaks, chops, burgers don't hear a peep.

Hi!  We used generators forever down in the deep South with storm, and power out.

I KNOW that even with the garage doors open, it souldn't be in there.  Dangerous!

We put ours right outside of closed garage doors and y'all should too.Heart

Honored Contributor

He's afraid if it's seen by passer bys they will steal it.

Generators are expensive and ours is turn on the key type no yanking on

a rope like the cheaper ones.

you have to hide everything nowdays LOL

Honored Contributor

I saw this grill at Bed and Bath Mon using their discount 20 percent off card brings it down to same price as walmarts I think. It's 1500 watts, also.

I love to peruse B&B got me a OXO pastry blender yesterday. OXO makes great stuff got both of their silicone measuring cups, one is one cup the other 2 cups that melts stuff in microwave for you. 

How I heat up my yeast and milk or water mixture. Melt butter and choc in these things too.  Don't know how I ever got along without them. LOL

Honored Contributor

My sister bought it at Sam's for $79 with 1200 watt & no griddle plate.