Honored Contributor

Power XL indoor grill K50547

I got this and LOVE it !  Bed and Bath had one that must had been missing the box or something because it was marked down to 83

Didn't look at their regular price,  plus, figure in the 20% off discount because I had bought mine at Sam's.  I don't order online any more unless there is no way around it and I want something bad enough to suffer all the upcoming disappointments. LOL

XL is great. I paid 200 for a top of the line Phillips indoor grill and hated it. This one hardly needs cleaning has 2 grid plates, easy to use, put water in the reservoir, select your heat temp and turn on.

If anybody on the fence about it especially folks in an  apartment where you don't have a yard, etc.  Indoor grill is great.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Power XL indoor grill K50547

Ditto!!!!!  Love this thing.  The best is NO SMOKE!!! And cleanup is a breeze. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the endorsement, @SharkE. The price is great on the upcoming TSV, so I've been strongly considering it. If you had to choose between the smokeless grill and an air fryer for cooking things like steak and chicken, which would you pick?

ETA: I'd love to get anyone's opinion on this question if you have both gadgets!

Respected Contributor

Has anyone made steak on this grill?  Ive had several diffrent kinds and they all seem to steam the steak and dont really grill it. Im always disappointed.

Valued Contributor

@meem120  I had previous problems with electric grills steaming steaks, too. Then, about fifteen years ago, I bought a Wolfgang Puck electric grill from HSN. It does not steam the steak and is actually hot enough to really make the steak sizzle while not even using the highest temperature setting. I am still using the same grill, fifteen years later, even though I bought an identical one for backup. An added plus, the other side is a griddle. In my book, any item used 3-4 times per week, lasting over fifteen years, gets an A+ for quality. This TSV looks interesting for those who need a grill.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Thanks for the endorsement, @SharkE. The price is great on the upcoming TSV, so I've been strongly considering it. If you had to choose between the smokeless grill and an air fryer for cooking things like steak and chicken, which would you pick?

ETA: I'd love to get anyone's opinion on this question if you have both gadgets!

probably the grill it's easier to watch the food. Air crisper I have on the Foodi, but, don't use it much except for salmon or  chicken wings.

course,the air crisper will do french fries,frozen stuff  too. We eat more meat and chicken then we do frozen stuff. The XL grill has the grill marks too, that makes you think it's like the old time charcoal outside  grills

I can't use my big electric  grill much when it gets hot because then you have to contend with the flys and dragging stuff  out to the patio in trays, bringing it back in, etc.  with the indoor grill I go ahead and spray the grid just to make sure nothing sticks, then even slather the wings in sauce and put back on grid for couple of minutes. just wait till grid cools, stick down in sink while your eating and no hard scrubbing the surface is so slick to begin with not gonna be like that horror Phillips thing I wore myself out on that thing. Keeping that glass grease free those reflector  shield glass panels. Golly , everything stuck to that glass and you couldn't remove it to soak, etc.   Forget it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @SharkE! My kitchen happens to be right in the middle of my house, which is great for gathering and entertaining, but the air doesn't circulate very well, so I'm left with lingering odors and sometimes some smoke after we cook meat, so I'm trying to find a good solution for cutting down on that. You're right that the smokeless grill and the air fryer have slightly different ranges of functionality, and I think either could help...

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Has anyone made steak on this grill?  Ive had several diffrent kinds and they all seem to steam the steak and dont really grill it. Im always disappointed.

I put steak on it all the time. only way he will eat pork steak is grilled if I try to cook in skillet with flouring it first then in crisco he'll holler "I can't digest this any more tears up my stomach I won't any more unless U grill it". LOL

I put T-bones, pork steak, ribeyes, strip (all on sale hahhaha) hamburgers, cheese sandwiches on the pancake grid for the smooth slick surface. butter the surface (I'm butter freak U don't  have to butter the surface) and toast your bread, put your cheese on the browned bread, melt, flip brown few more seconds and there you go. Browns even.

Book that comes with it  will tell you what temps are best for what your cooking on it by the way.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

Thanks, @SharkE! My kitchen happens to be right in the middle of my house, which is great for gathering and entertaining, but the air doesn't circulate very well, so I'm left with lingering odors and sometimes some smoke after we cook meat, so I'm trying to find a good solution for cutting down on that. You're right that the smokeless grill and the air fryer have slightly different ranges of functionality, and I think either could help...

don't forget to add the water to the water tray that's what pulls the smoke down into the water and evaporates it.  I flubbed up one time forgetting to add water to the tray afraid I damaged it, but,  other then seeing steam (which it usually doesn't that's the purpose of the water) rising I thought "what"? then, I remember I forgot to put water in the tray ! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE - One more question for you: When you cook your chicken wings in the air crisper/fryer, does that produce any smoke?