Respected Contributor

Will be TSV on Sunday 3/26 if anyone is interested.

Respected Contributor
I've been thinking about getting one since I saw it in the Insider. Like the little kabobs it comes with. Want to wait and see it presented on Sunday. Downside is only 60 day warranty.
Super Contributor

Not getting this one -- the basket has PTFE in the non-stick. That stuff is deadly to parrots beyond a certain temperature, and with five of them, I won't take the chance. I'll find a manufacturer that uses ceramic nonstick.

Trusted Contributor

@kathya1119 wrote:

Not getting this one -- the basket has PTFE in the non-stick. That stuff is deadly to parrots beyond a certain temperature, and with five of them, I won't take the chance. I'll find a manufacturer that uses ceramic nonstick.

The Ming Tsai air fryer is ceramic nonstick and PTFE- and PFOA-free. HTH! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

that's the one I'm thinking about buying.. I got a 20% off Happy Birthday card..  I don't know if they'll use it since it's marked down... going to try anyway.  

Frequent Contributor

Lots of different air flyers...what is the difference, which do you like best? Meredith's Cook's Essential Air Flyer, Emerils Air Flyer, this Power Air Fryer XL, Philip's Air Flyer, and lots more brands. Many sites rated the Philip's the best. Do you use yours or will it sit in the pantry with your pressure cooker, ice cream maker, electric skillet, waffle iron, panini maker, and all the other small appliances?

Respected Contributor

@Mollie  That's exactly what happened with my air fryer from Ming Tsai -  I made a few things, but mostly it just sat on the counter.  I just don't eat the things you make in it very often.   Gave it to a friend who loves it.

Honored Contributor

@Mollie wrote:

Lots of different air flyers...what is the difference, which do you like best? Meredith's Cook's Essential Air Flyer, Emerils Air Flyer, this Power Air Fryer XL, Philip's Air Flyer, and lots more brands. Many sites rated the Philip's the best. Do you use yours or will it sit in the pantry with your pressure cooker, ice cream maker, electric skillet, waffle iron, panini maker, and all the other small appliances?

I use all my gadgets. Don't have electric skillet can't drain grease out of them. Pressure cookers rule here, plus, in summer ice cream maker comes out, waffle iron gets used 2-3 times a month.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Mollie wrote:

I use all my gadgets. Don't have electric skillet can't drain grease out of them. Pressure cookers rule here, plus, in summer ice cream maker comes out, waffle iron gets used 2-3 times a month.

@SharkE A co-worker raves about her air fryer and says she uses it all of the time. I don't think I would use it enough to justify the space it takes. Like you, I love my pressure cooker (Instant Pot) and the results. I only use the electric skillet to make sukiyaki. It's one of those things that every Japanese American family seems to have for that dish. Smiley Tongue Mine is at least 40 years old; its original owner is long gone, so I'll never give it away. Smiley Happy Lots of love in that appliance! 

Honored Contributor

If they don't quit showing that BBQ chicken I'm gonna die here. LOL

That's my # 1favorite food of all time.   If there's anything better then BBQ chicky I haven't met it. LOL

1#grill.gif