Valued Contributor

Pot stickers, cold but soft ok to eat?

[ Edited ]

Hi I finally received my Perfect Potstickers 120 ct meat combo. The bottom bag had a  mix of frozen and soft potstickers. The middle and top bags were pretty hard if not rock hard frozen. Are the cold but soft ones good to eat? I had read many reviews where people said the dry ice had melted (mine did too) and everything was warm or soft. Since even my softened ones were cold, think they'd  be ok to eat? And will it be fine to just toss the bags into the freezer, softened ones that is. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pot stickers, cold but soft ok to eat?

@LisaMofSLC  If you had some soft potstickers, I would consider them all not edible. Ask for a refund.

Honored Contributor

I got mine 2 days ago and the ice was gone, but the potstickers were cold, so I just popped them in the freezer. If they were warm I would have tossed them and asked for a refund.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

Hi I finally received my Perfect Potstickers 120 ct meat combo. The bottom bag had a  mix of frozen and soft potstickers. The middle and top bags were pretty hard if not rock hard frozen. Are the cold but soft ones good to eat? I had read many reviews where people said the dry ice had melted (mine did too) and everything was warm or soft. Since even my softened ones were cold, think they'd  be ok to eat? And will it be fine to just toss the bags into the freezer, softened ones that is. Thanks!

I think if they were still cold, I'd just put them in the freezer.

Contributor

I received my order yesterday and same result - two bags completely frozen and one cold and a little soft.  Unlike the David's cookie dough order that arrived warm and thawed, these were frozen and/or cold and will be just fine. I plan on sharing with my family and have no concerns they won't be safe to consume.

Respected Contributor

No way would I'd eat those, had food poisoning recently & what a miserable experience....when in doubt, throw it out. Get a refund & place another order.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't take a chance and eat them. Freezing thawed product would make it worse. I would get another order or ask for a refund.  I would want them frozen solid. Reconsider your decision.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC  Return/refund....why take a chance especially with a meat product

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC 
I, too, agree that when in doubt throw it out.  Ask for a refund. The Q is understanding in these matters.  There is no way I would eat nor serve it to others.  

Most directions on frozen products state once thawed not to refreeze.  

A few years ago I got such a bad case of food poisoning that I was in the hospital for 5 days.   It was from eating in a buffet restaurant.  Needless to say, I don't eat in buffets any more, and that was preCovid.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

If they were supposed to be frozen, I would definitely not eat them.  Ask for a refund!!