Honored Contributor

I love QVC's pot stickers and always have them on hand. I noticed when ordering recently that they've gone up from $37 to $40 for 45 potstickers. Is there anywhere I could buy them locally where they're as good or similar to QVC's? I'm not a member of Costco or Sam's.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Re: Pot Stickers Price Increase

Trader Joes has great potstickers. You can get Pork Chicken or Veggie. THey are about $3-4 per bag and are easy to make and taste authentic.

Esteemed Contributor

Nick Q has raised the price on almost everything,

I also agree if you can get to trader joe they are better tasting

Honored Contributor

Thanks. We do have a Trader Joe's. I'll put potstickers on my list.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

OK -- I'm going to try TJ's. too, if I can find a place to park. They opened here last September, so it's convenient in distance for me. You just have to choose your time.

I did try Costco - cheaper but not nearly as good as QVC's, so not worth their cheaper price.

Honored Contributor

Try LING LING pot stickers. They have them at Costco and smaller bags in the supermarket. They have many flavors and combos

You get about 50 or 60 for 7 or 8 bucks. They are to die for!

I am a Trader Joe's fan, and have tried there pot stickers. I think Ling Ling are a little bigger and tastier. But Trader Joe's are wonderful too!

Honored Contributor

They sell them At Raley's, Nob Hill, Safeway and Ralph's and Von's that I know of.

Remember the trick to cooking a great pot sticker is a good non stick pan. I use a 10 inch non stick skillet. I place a T or more oil and heat it up. I place pot stickers, flat side down in circles around the pan. I usually get 15 to 20 in the pan. Then I add 2/3 cup water, bring to boil..put lid on . I then turn heat down a notch (they are still simmering rapidly), cook for 8 mins. Take lid off and continue cooking until pot stickers are stuck, and all water is gone.

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised since most of the food on QVC is sent with free shipping. Honestly, the price of their food is through the roof. And I've tried a lot. Had the steaks wrapped with bacon and most were filled with gristle. I had one Springfield ham that was incredibly good one year and the next tried to do it again the next year and got a ham filled with fat with a huge bone in the center. I actually had to go to the grocery store and buy another ham because that one would not provide enough meat for my guests. I've really not had good luck with their food products although I know a lot of people love the convenience.

But the prices are awful IMHO.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I second Ling-Lings... King Soopers also sells them

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 shoekitty said:

Try LING LING pot stickers. They have them at Costco and smaller bags in the supermarket. They have many flavors and combos

You get about 50 or 60 for 7 or 8 bucks. They are to die for!

I am a Trader Joe's fan, and have tried there pot stickers. I think Ling Ling are a little bigger and tastier. But Trader Joe's are wonderful too!

I'd forgotten the name Ling Ling. I didn't like them, so thanks for the reminder of the name. I am going to try TJ's.

I've liked lots of what I bought there, but haven't done a lot of their frozen. Tried some blueberry waffles a few weeks back - so tasteless I tossed them. Probably should have carried them back instead - but I really wanted them gone!