Honored Contributor

I like pork loin roast made on the grill indirect method. I always put olive oil all over it & some seasoning for pork. I don't always use the same seasoning. Last year we bought some peach jam made with fresh peaches & we cooked a pork loin on the grill & put peach jam all over it a little before it was done. It was really good. Penzey's has a pork loin recipe on their site using their Raspberry Enlightenment. We have made it using that recipe & it was really good.

Trusted Contributor
On 5/21/2014 RespectLife said:

PamelaSue72...those recipes sound delicious!

I was wondering...when you say 'ground coffee'...do you mean the Maxwell House ground coffee I use to brew in my pot in the morning? Or is it some sort of Instant Ground Coffee? I have seen recipes using instant coffee but never the real one!

I hope this is not a dumb bunny question...but I have never put raw coffee grounds on something I would eat! But the recipe sounds so delicious.

I used the wet brewed ones to store worms for fishing with my dad when I was a kid! UGH!

This recipe is originally from Steven Raichlen's BBQ USA. I have used a ton of his recipes and they have all come out wonderful. This man knows his bbq; that's for sure. That being said, that's all the recipe says...."ground coffee". Doesn't say instant or granules. Just ground coffee. I checked the book before I wrote this.

I've used regular Maxwell House ground coffee for this recipe and the meat has come out great. However, if you want to use instant ground coffee, I see no reason why you cannot do so; in fact, if you're worried about any grittiness of the coffee on the meat, instant coffee might be better for you. Or you could put your ground coffee into a coffee grinder and grind it down to a bit of powder. (I have an old Cuisinart coffee grinder that I use to grind spices together when I make different spice mixtures.)

I hope that helps you.

Honored Contributor

Thank you PamelaSue 72! That does help me a lot.

I am going to try it! If I remember right, I might have seen them use coffee crusting on Chops! Just wasn't sure what type of coffee they were really using.

I want to try it exactly as written but just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something obvious! LOL It didn't really occur to me that it would be gritty but your suggestion to grind to a powder is brilliant!

I actually don't ever have instant coffee. Thanks for letting me know that's what you use!

Trusted Contributor
On 5/21/2014 Bobbieg said: I'm looking for an easy Pork Tenderloin recipe, can you help?

I made this at Christmas along with a beef tenderloin. They both were great.

It's pretty easy, though there is a lot of measuring of ingredients. It was worth it! Of course, I had a lot more pork tenderloin than one pound, so I had to adjust the ingredients accordingly.

http://simpledinners.blogspot.com/2013/04/pork-tenderloin-with-pan-sauce.html

Hands down one of the best recipes on this blog. No question.

Ingredients:
1/2 cups olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tsp dry mustard
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 1-lb. pork tenderloin (silver skin removed)

Directions:
Combine all marinade ingredients and reserve 2-3 Tbsp. Place the pork tenderloin and marinade in a Ziplock bag and let marinate for at least 3-4 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a hot skillet over medium-high heat, sear each side of tenderloin for 2-3 minutes. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the meat has reached 160 degrees. (I cooked mine to 150 degrees...As it rests, it cooks about 10 more degrees.) This note was from the original author. I cook mine to 160, because we like it at 170 (which it reaches upon resting).

Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.

Pan Sauce:
Pan scrapings from pork tenderloin
1/2 cup of chicken broth
2-3 tbsp of reserved pork marinade (thoroughly mixed)
1-2 tsp butter

Meanwhile, place the skillet back on the stove over medium heat. Add the chicken broth and scrape up all the browned pieces from the bottom of the pan. Add the marinade and let it boil down for 2-3 minutes. Add the butter and remove from heat stirring until butter has melted. Pour over the pork tenderloin.

Trusted Contributor
On 5/21/2014 PamelaSue72 said:

Here are some of our favorite recipes for pork tenderloin...

Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes and Apples

1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/4 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 cups cubed sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
4 tsp. olive or canola oil, divided
2 pork tenderloins, about 3/4 pound each
4 large Granny Smith or other tart apples, peeled and cored

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and pepper. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture and 3 teaspoons of oil; toss well to coat. Spread the potatoes in a single layer in a 15 x 10 1-inch baking pan coated with nonstick spray. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

Rub the remaining oil over the pork, then rub with the remaining spice mixture. Place over the sweet potatoes. Bake 15 minutes.

Cut each apple into eight wedges. Turn pork; arrange the apples around the meat. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Six servings.

Thanks so much for this great recipe!

Gloria

Trusted Contributor

I am so glad you liked it! It's a staple around here with my family. We eat it often.

Super Contributor

This is a great recipe from Carol1229. She has not been around for awhile. Sorry for the delay; my forum rights were suspended for awhile after I tried to change my password. Just got it straightened out today.

ASIAN BARBECUED PORK LOIN from Carol 1229
(Source: adapted from Best of Country Cooking 2011)

1 (3-4 lb.) boneless whole pork loin roast
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper

SAUCE:
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. ketchup
1/3 c. honey
1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 1/2 tsp. Chinese-style mustard
1 tsp. lite soy sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil; set aside.

Combine the garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.

Trim excess fat from pork. Sprinkle the roast on all sides with the garlic powder mixture.
Place in the prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, @ 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Meanwhile, for the sauce, in a small saucepan, sauté the onion in butter until tender.
Stir in the ketchup. honey, hoisin sauce, mustard, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and five-spice powder.
Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup,
about 20-25 minutes, stirring often.

Brush the sauce over pork. Return to the oven and bake @ 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes lon

Respected Contributor

put it in a crock pot and cover with sauerkraut, add onions and brown sugar if you wish then cook for 8 hrs.

or put in crock pot and cook for 8 hrs in broth, drain broth and shred with fork, add onions and bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches

Frequent Contributor

This is my favorite and so easy:

PORK TENDERLOIN - LOW-FAT

2 lb Pork Tenderloin

Marinade:

1 tsp vegetable oil

2 minced garlic cloves

small yellow onion, chopped fine

Sautee onion and garlic in vegetable oil until onion is tender.

Mix:

¼ c soy sauce

¼ c white wine

½ tsp ground ginger

¼ tsp black pepper

Add to onion and garlic mixture. Then stir in--

½ cup unsweetened apple sauce

Bake 1 hour at 350º or until meat thermometer registers 170º.

Baste with marinade every 15 minutes.

Note: 4 lb roast takes about 1-½ hr.

2 lb = 1 hr

4 lb = 1-1/2 hr – 1-3/4 hr

6 lb = 2 hr

Trusted Contributor
On 5/26/2014 kcladyz said:

put it in a crock pot and cover with sauerkraut, add onions and brown sugar if you wish then cook for 8 hrs.

or put in crock pot and cook for 8 hrs in broth, drain broth and shred with fork, add onions and bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches

Not a tenderloin. I would do this with a pork loin perhaps, but not a tenderloin. Just me.