Frequent Contributor

Re: Pork Chops in Pressure Cooker

We prefer the pressure cooker for cooking pork chops, actually all cuts of pork. A prime example: bought a large family pack of boneless center cut pork chops and divided it up into meal sized packets.

Cooked the first pack that night on the stove-top. They were quite tough, but edible. Did the next packet in the pressure cooker following one of Bob Wardens recipes in one of his pressure cooking books. They came out just as tender as could be. The next packet I used one of Meredith Laurence's pork chop recipes from her "Comfortable under pressure" cookbook. They too were tender and delicious.

So now we do all pork chops in the pressure cooker. From 5 minutes for unfrozen boneless pork chops to as much as 15 minutes for frozen, bone in pork chops. All tender and delicious!

I highly suggest Bob Wardens "Slow Food Fast" or his "Great Food Fast" cookbooks or Meredith's "Comfortable under pressure" as a good place to start for really excellent pressure cooker recipes.

Also excellent corned beef recipes as well as chicken and much more.

Enjoy!

Camo

Respected Contributor

I live at high altitude and for super tender thick (1 1/2 inch) pork chops, I cook them for 40 min. I brown them first, my pc browns, top with Heinz 57 and sliced onions. I use about a cup of wine for my liquid. They are really good and super easy.

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the great information!

Super Contributor

I appreciate all the information & advice - thank you ladies!