Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love pop tops and wish tuna came in pop tops 

Honored Contributor

@JCath wrote:

I don't like these cans either.  No matter how careful I try to be, I spill some of the soup trying to open the can.  Sometimes the tab breaks off before the can opens.  Thanks for the idea of using a traditional can opener.

@JCath  I no longer have a "good grip"........and have cut myself on those pop tops

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for reading my rant.  It was just one of those "could have had a V8" moments!!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I hate having to use my can opener - I wish all cans had pop tops.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hate them. Some of them you can pull with all your might and nada. Or one side resists so you have to dig into a half opened container to get whatever it is out. Also hate, lets say a Panera soup for example, where after you get the lid off you have to contend with a plastic (or whatever it is) seal across the top with a little sticky out part to pull it off and it just will not budge. I don't even try anymore with those, I just get a knife out and be done with it.

Honored Contributor

@In-x-s   I have to agree. Some of these are really hard to open especially with very arthritic fingers. I've never thought about using my trad can opener on these, probably works and works well.

I get what you're saying, no nay sayers need to comment either, oh but wait, they've made their way here too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pop top soup cans

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Pop top cans really bother you? Really?

@Goldengate8361 

Sometimes when you pop the top open the soup sprays all over the place or you can get cut.

They are not as "easy" to open as they claim to be for everyone.

Personally, I have a ,"love/hate"  relationship with them........

@

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I love pop tops and wish tuna came in pop tops 

@Yahooey 

You can buy Tuna in bags now.

Respected Contributor

@In-x-s  ty for the tip . 

For the most part I appreciate the pop tops as I open a lot of pet food and these always seem to work. But there is a always the can that just half opens (as others stated) that tests your patience . 

I like the Kuhn/rikon can openers I bought at QVC .After using those when my old electric opener died I decided to try a Hamilton Beach electric one that opened cans in a similar way (no sharp edges) from Walmart around $30.$$. I love it. I even had one of those rectangular corn beef cans that open with the little key (@#%#!) . Thought --I will see if that works---It did.

A pet peeve in the 'opening' department that I have are the inner seal with a pull tab that won't pull. such as vitamins /ketchup /etc. any hints for those? I usually stab a with a steak knife and go around it.

Honored Contributor

I like them but sometimes they are so hard to open when my finger injury flares up!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller